Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wiggle Dragon Ride Sportive
  • Bedds
    Free Member

I know, I know, another road topic.. it’s just that I can’t bring myself to create a Road CC account

I’m doing the Wiggle Dragon Ride (Gran Fondo distance) this year though and was wondering if there are any more STWers doing it? or, if you’ve done it how did you get on and what was your general thoughts?

Cheers

🙂

aP
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times in the past, still get my guaranteed entry if I want it. Did it for the last time in 2013, but the general standard of riding, like all British sportives, has just dropped so much that I won’t ride it again. herself sat on the descent of the Bwllch waiting for the evac helicopter to load up and take a rider off to hospital and there were riders getting super angry that the emergency services wouldn’t let them ride straight through at speed and that they had to join the several hundred riders waiting patiently for the road to clear. It used to be great with club grudges being played out DeVer and Dynamo amongst others big packs of properly disciplined riders pounding it out…
    The route is ok, always used to ride the Grand course – now that they don’t do things like run out of food and water at the feed stop at the furthest point of the course, or start everyone by walking a mile down a muddy farm track it is organisationally much better.
    Have fun.

Bedds
    Free Member

Have fun.

Cheers..

I think 😯

aP
    Free Member

It’s not that bad really – I just don’t enjoy it any more 👿
    Just keep an eye out of people – I couldn’t believe how many people I saw being scraped off the road last time.

rkk01
    Free Member

Just about survived yesterday. Got around in just under 12hrs.
    Climbs were a sufferfest thanks to additional ballast since I last did it in 2013

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Dragon Ride Sportive’ is closed to new replies.