Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Wiggle, CRC and merlincycles
  • ElGringo
    Free Member

There’s often a fair few negative reviews on here, most notably for crc. I just thought I’d let you know that I’ve recently bought various bits from the wiggle, crc and merlin, and the service has been really fast! next day delivery for the main part, even without selecting it as a delivery option, which isn’t bad at all!

Anyways, there we go. as you were!

Lifer
    Free Member

Ordered some Tomcats from CRC on thursday and used them friday night.

neninja
    Free Member

Likewise used CRC and Wiggle a few times recently – items arrived within 24-48 hours of ordering and an item returned to CRC as it didn’t fit was refunded the day it arrived back to them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey-simmo
    Free Member

it is the exceptions to the norm that appear on here.

philconsequence
    Free Member

spent wayyyyyy too much on crc recently and eveythings arrived within 48 hours, over half of it has been the next day.

cant complain 🙂

rudedog
    Free Member

The sheer volume of orders that the big stores process mean there’s bound to be a few mistakes or lapses in customer care from time to time.

jonb
    Free Member

Lots of people order lots of stuff. Chances of one person having a bad experience is high, chances of it being you are low.

foxyrider
    Free Member

All fine here as well 🙂

flebby
    Free Member

please stop reminding me about all these sites, i keep visiting them and buying stuff with money i dont got! 😉

woodsa
    Free Member

I’ve had a few slow deliveries of late, but to be honest the state of our postal service I could hardly blame CRC. One gripe I’ve had lately has been with Rutland cycles. Everywhere seems to be out of stock of 170mm SLX cranksets except them (according to their website). So I give them my money wait, wait,,,,then phone. They’re out of stock too but can expect them in the next two weeks plus postage time. At least the 3 bigger players tell you from the outset that their out of stock, not just take your money and let you wait like a goon.

dhrider
    Free Member

At the end of the day there are alot of satisfied customers with CRC but they don’t all start a thread to tell everyone.

It’s generally only the negative stuff which you read and if they are dispatching alot of orders there is bound to be a few mistakes but no ones 100% perfect.

Anything I’ve ordered comes really quickly and they are very helpful on the phone too!

andy7t2
    Free Member

never had any problem with CRC or wiggle, just ordered some bits from rutland cycles and it’s taken them over a week to dispatch no idea when they’ll turn up lucky i’m not in a rush

rbrstr
    Free Member

ordered some high 5 powder,spare tube and a few other bits from CRC a week ago sunday,recieved dispatch email the next day,monday, recieved the parcel the following monday (yesterday) the day AFTER the enduro i ordered them for. This is the second time in a row they have done this to me,i wont use them again

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

CRC delivered some shoes to me just over 2 weeks ago… except they seem to have gone to the wrong place, and got returned – I was e mailed info saying I had returned them they would credit my account. I phoned and told them I still wanted the shoes, and they should send them back to me and that the address had worked with 30 previous orders. They said ok… Nothing in the last 12 days. Rang them today – and they said their computer showed they were waiting for my money, £120 of which has actually been with them for the last 18 days…

Fail.

No problems with Merlin… ever…

cheers_drive

Merlin great for price and delivery
    Wiggle is good for delivery and really good customer service
    CRC were a bit unreliable a year or so ago but have been better recently

bigG
    Free Member

Can I add BETD to the list of super fast suppliers? Ordered a new mech hanger from them on Sunday pm, and some other bits and pieces from CRC at the same time.

Both packages delivered by smiley postman today, bikes back up and running by end of the working day. Now that’s service!

I’ve order loads of bits from CRC over the years and never ever had to wait for more than four days for delivery. That’s not bad in my book.

G

Zoolander
    Free Member

Merlin are spot on – crc are usually pretty good too, only issues I’ve had have been with royal mail rather than them.
    Lucky thisorning aswell – ordered some stuff from crc and it didn’t arrive with the postman – left for work 11:45 (late shift) and cycled past a royal mail van , turned back and followed said royal mail van back to mine where he parked up and handed me my parcel. Saved a trip to the sorting office tomorrow!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a road bike with a frame purchased from CRC and the rest (wheels, groupset etc) from Merlin. Fantastic service from both.

What’s that? A picture? Oh go on then

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Ahh, the Axis of Evil (Axle of Evil, surely? – Ed)

I’ve had nothing, but positive experiences with all of them.

Conversely, I’ve had shoddy service and surliness elevated to an artform from a variety of what the snowboarding community would refer to as ‘core’ or rider owned shops.

Obviously, I’ve had great LBS experiences too and am lucky enough to live very close to the excellent Primera.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I find CRC pretty good, although I’m not a fan of the new website.
    Haven’t ordered anything from Merlin.
    But in my experience Wiggle’s customer service is worse than shocking. Not only did they send me the wrong item (no worries, mistakes happen), they refused to send me the right one until they had received the wrong one back thus buggering up my plans for a whole wkend. Not only that, they seem to have a policy of employing only semi-literate staff in their customer services dept.

Dogzyboy
    Free Member

I had a few issues with CRC a few years back, but everything I’ve ordered of late has been pretty quick.

rbrstr
    Free Member

The Pilot – Member
    I find CRC pretty good, although I’m not a fan of the new website.

slow isnt it

mrchrispy

thats one nice looking bike silverpigeon.
    you get extra points for lining up the tyres with the rim decals but loose some as the pedals are at the wrong angles

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle, CRC and merlincycles’ is closed to new replies.