Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wiggle Cosine 32 road wheels – where else? (different brand?)
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So I was saving my money to buy some of these £180

http://www.a1exercise.co.uk/cosine-32mm-alloy-clincher-road-wheelset/

And then Wiggle discountinued them 🙁

For the money nothing appears to come close. Surely someone some where must be selling the same rim/hub combination under a different brand?

And no, Chainreaction dont. There nearest equivalent wheelset is heavier, not as aero and twice as much !

(maybe Wiggle realised they were just selling them too cheap…)

Ta

avdave2

I was doing the same so would also be interested to find an alternative.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Have you tried contacting wiggle?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This was the wonderful response I received from Wiggle… I didn’t think it was worth any more effort asking again.

My original email to them asked if they were discontinued and whether they would be replaced.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately if the wheels are not showing on our website anymore that means they’ve been discontinued and we’ll not be receiving any new stock.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and have a great weekend!

Regards

Emilie

Wiggle Customer Services

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Possibly a Kinlin rim? Cycle clinic do some builds with them.

plus-one

I bought superstar arc 22 wheels on Volta hubs(instead of cosine) got them £140 in sale few months back 😀

Been superb so far I even bought another set for future use I was that impressed 8)

peteimpreza

Its an Alex rim on possibly Novatec hubs . I wanted to get another pair . They suggested their prime range at CRC but there is no equivalent to these .

finbar
    Free Member

EDIT: Was going to recommend some specific Superstar ones but they are out of stock, balls.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Which Superstars? I’ve been looking at the Pave 28 and also some Alexrims ones for £100.

Still not sure on Superstars though…

From what I’ve read aero is as important as weight and some of the lighter Superstars on not very aero + older rims so don’t suit 25 tyres as well

jonba
    Free Member

Cero?

Spokesman on ebay?

All a bit more pricey.

finbar
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Cosine 32 road wheels – where else? (different brand?)’ is closed to new replies.