• This topic has 29 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igrf.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Wiggins to ride Tour of Britain
  • tang
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19310758
    Nice one I say! Should get the crowds out.

jfletch
    Free Member

It’s already got the crowds to the ToB website. It’s slowed to a crawl.

Drac

Well given the lack of areas the tour covers I won’t see him.

tang
    Free Member

My good friend is riding his maiden tour with ukyouth and very excited. Some good riders coming. Hope that with all this cycling fever about we could host a longer race in the future?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brilliant news.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Barnstaple – Dartmouth looks good.

mikey3
    Free Member

Anyone tell me of any south wales legs,can,t for the life of me get on their bloody website!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

the website seems to have fallen over ! 🙂

muggomagic

There is a map of the stages on the RCUK site.

Link

aP
    Free Member

Wow, how much bandwagon jumping can one sport cope with?

brakes
    Free Member

If Mohamed won’t go to the mountain…

psling
    Free Member

South Wales? Fri 14th Sept.. At least I hope it is, I booked the day off a few weeks ago to spend the day in the Brecon Beacons 😀

csb

Me too psling. Went last year to the col de storey arms and it was great, you see them coming from miles away.

Warning – don’t park on the grass of the layby in a van. The reeds growing should have been a giveaway of the bogginess.

psling
    Free Member

LoL! I was in the layby below the summit on the Brecon side on terra firma. Yes, a good spot to watch, will probably take up a similar spot this year.

robbo
    Free Member

Can’t see him winning though what with no time trials and no mountains.

Drac

If Mohamed won’t go to the mountain…

It’s a tour not an a race in one place but yet again it’s missing out huge areas of the country. Only stage on the east is in Norfolk, nearest to me would be the only Scottish leg which is in the borders.

njee20
    Free Member

Scotland being rather large and yet devoid of people you can forgive them for not spending ages up there! There have been stages all over the country in previous years. It’s never been to my neck of the woods, but this year goes right past my folks place and ends up in Guildford, just down the road, I can’t wait!

Drac

Granted about Scotland it’s nearish the 2 main cities, I think it came to Durham the first year but since then hasn’t been back in the area. Seems a shame they can’t cover most regions one way or the other.

avdave2

Looking forward to it, should be some good crowds. Any recommendations for places to view the final stage? I’ll be travelling from Brighton.

eddie11
    Free Member

Good stuff. He has ridden it at least twice before though you know ;-).

It came past my house the year he got 4th in the tour when it was a big victory parade for him. I thought we’d never see the like again…

No where near my house this year though 🙁

jam-bo

Dibbs – Member
    Barnstaple – Dartmouth looks good.

Tavy wheelers hill climb at merrivale in the morning. Watching the tour fly up dartmeet in the afternoon.

simmy
    Free Member

Its coming about 6 miles from me on the 10th Sept so Im going to just park the car up and watch them pass.

Im also going upto Shap on the 12th and am trying to get to Blackpool before them to see the end stage.

Dont think I will manage it despite using the motorway seeing the timings !!!

tang
    Free Member

Somerset CC couldn’t afford their contribution for this year I heard?? If that’s the case perhaps it’s not high on cash strapped councils list of priorities. I know Somerset had to make some big cuts.

MoreCashThanDash

Route passes on the main road through our village – day booked off work already, not sure if the kids school will act on my suggestion that they use it as a chance to finish off the whole Olympics/summer of sport theme.

jfletch
    Free Member

I’d wager that the ToB gets within a closer distance to all of mainland Britain this year than the TdF did to mainland France this year. And they have 3 weeks.

The Nottinghamham to Knowsley stage must be with about a 1.5hrs drive of 50% of the population.

MrSparkle

Saw Yer Man today. And he spoke to my Mrs! We were on the Ride with Brad event.

hels
    Free Member

I just got an invite to VIP hospitality for Jedburgh on 11 September. Will take camera along for some utterly shameless and uncool celeb spotting.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d wager that the ToB gets within a closer distance to all of mainland Britain this year than the TdF did to mainland France this year. And they have 3 weeks.

the Vuelta is even worse.. (to be fair southern spain might be brutally hot)

tang
    Free Member

Add Cav to the list!

igrf
    Free Member

Does this mean he won’t be on Strictly and we’ll miss Binners nailing his nob to a plank and felating a donkey?

Link for those who missed it

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Wiggins to ride Tour of Britain’ is closed to new replies.