Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?
  • porlus
    Free Member

Got a bollocking the other day for being gash at DIY. Even though I have put up loads of shelves. Fixed the slow water drainage in the bath, sticky on off switch in the shower. Really hacked me off tbh. And I do all.the cooking and wash the pots lol.
    How long before someone comes on and tells me to mtfu :0)

jedi

simonm, thursday? as in this week??

Kato

Reasoning and common sense straight out of the window. Decides not to come home from London until it had been snowing for hours. Then moans that her car is stuck and the battery is flat and that I have to go and get her.

My “ultimate driving machine” is clearly sheeeeeit in the snow and I’ve left it buried nose first in a hedge

I’m going back to bed!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ahhh the joys of two human beings, I used to think that a good relationship wasn’t about the disagreements, they are inevitable and part of life, I used to think it was down to how you go about resolving those arguments.. Now, right now, if it wasn’t thick snow I’d be digging up my patio and considering how deep the hole needs to be. 😉 Sod evening primrose or code red… Where’s my shotgun.

… Only joking love, be right up in a tick.

lastmanshooting
    Free Member

TBF mine’s pretty good she as a moan now and again, but i get to do most thing’s without getting to much ear ache.she really is one in a million

MoreCashThanDash

Simonm – don’t forget to factor in the solicitors costs, and maintenance for any kids…..

(From a man who was threatened with divorce for spending half of HIS maturing insurance policy on a bike and leaving the other half in the joint account!)

teethgrinder

All wimmin are bat-shit crazy. They just need to be wrangled correctly, however, I’ve no idea how to do that.

Just have to work out whether:

(poon+personality) > t(mental)

Blackhound

Women – Can’t live with them. Can’t shoot them!

Mine is pretty good tbh. We live apart (weekend relationship) and I still got 2 weekends in Wales during January.

boltonjon

Brilliant post. You gotta love ’em, but they can be as crazy as batshit

My last relationship finished when she decided she wanted me to come to Paris for the weekend, because she was working there on the Thursday/Friday

It didn’t matter that i’d organised, 3 months earlier, to go to Exmoor with the with a group of mates and we’d both been to Paris earlier in the year

Exmoor was awesome though 😆

simonm
    Free Member

Jedi – next Thursday 16th.

She caved in today.. “i’m so selfish…yada..(but I’d make life hell for 2 days firs) but you can go”

jedi

🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pat her on the top of the head and say “don’t worry your little head about it dear” then run You can follow this up with “You’re cute when you’re mad” if you really have a deathwish

cr500dom
    Free Member

Its not just you…
    I just have to keep reminding myself that my dearly beloved is 28wks pregnant so is entiled to be even more random than normal……

Not easy though when every single thing you do is wrong 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My missus went mental last night when I didn’t phone her to tell her I’d arrived safely at my parents.

……….didn’t hear from you for 5 hours……. atrocious conditions……..worrried……..specificaly told you top text me when you get there………..

She clearly didn’t put 2+2 together and realise that once the roads were frozen and covered in snow that the 3 hour journey might take me 4 hours (5 was exagerated)!

3 options:
    The funny one: after the third missed call, send her a text telling here that they’ve tried to contact her 3 times and they need to know who my dentist was so they can identify the body.

The logical one: point out that I had to drive slowly.

The sensible one: ignore it.

willard

Yup, mental.

The weather and the house move have not helped either, nor did the boiler leak yesterday, but it’s definitely “stepping on eggshells” territory right now.

I blame the hormones, and I have a damned good reason for saying that (before anyone jumps in about it…).

Gunz
    Free Member

Love mine to bits but she went in to her bi-annual ‘we can’t afford this old house, we need to move to a modern property to save money’ rant/panic last night.
    I now know that saying, ‘so what is it about employing estate agents and solicitors that will exactly f#####g save us money’, is not conflict resolution.
    Live and learn.

therealhoops
    Free Member

unfitgeez – this thread might have just saved me from going mental. She’s up and down like a brides nightie. Coming up to 10years in August.

+1 for the cave in Eggshell City

lunge

Ahh yes, mine went away this weekend so I:
    Painted the hall, stairs and landing in a colour she had selected 3 months ago but we had not had time to do.
    Did all the washing, ironing and shopping.
    Generally did a big tidy up
    Fixed a leak in the bathroom.

However, we should have done the painting together as it is our house and apparently she doesn’t like the colour now.
    I shouldn’t have done the washing as she has stuff that needs doing.
    I’ve moved everything whilst tidying so she can;t find anything.
    That leak has been there ages, why didn’t I do it before?

I then get told she hasn’t seen me all weekend and it would be nice to catch, so we head to the sofa where she immediately falls asleep. Brilliant.

Room in the cave for a (not very) little one?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My mrs just handed in her notice without a job to go to.

Surprisingly rational behaviour.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Where can I find one of these “wives”? They sound like magical creatures.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

the storm is calming ! but for how long ? wouldn’t mind if it was to do with the decorators but its not !

thinking this cave might need some lecci and some wifi !

sugdenr
    Free Member

Simple expedient of lowering my wifes expectations to the floor years ago, so anything above that is above target. You only have to go though the pain of 3 forgotten bithdays/aniversaries then it becomes the norm. To be sure, I maintain the propoganda that all men are rubbish, but she’s lucky because I am a little less rubbish than the rest. 😉
    She’s a darling she is (but dont tell her I said so or you will spoil the ruse).

chaos

Simple expedient of lowering my wifes expectations to the floor years ago, so anything above that is above target

Wish I’d realised that years ago. It’s far more painful having to lower them later on.

The early morning cup of tea that is now expected…
    The after meal washing up that is now expected regardless of who cooked…
    The phone call every night when away…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My girlfriend decided to give my galaxy S a nudge while I was checking an email, phone flew out of hand and smashed the screen.

It was my fault for checking an email. 🙄

teethgrinder

Like I said…bat-shit crazy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Treat em mean, keep em keen.

dan1980
    Free Member

My last relationship finished when she decided she wanted me to come to Paris for the weekend, because she was working there on the Thursday/Friday

It didn’t matter that i’d organised, 3 months earlier, to go to Exmoor with the with a group of mates and we’d both been to Paris earlier in the year

On a similar note, for my 30th birthday weekend I’d checked with my now ex that she was happy for me to spend the saturday with friends, and the sunday (actual day of birthday) with her. I did this months )(literally!) in advance. Organised bike trip with mates for the Saturday. The Friday of the weekend comes round. She goes batshit mental about me not wanting to spend my birthday with her etc. Go biking as friends had come from all over the country to see me etc.

Got dumped on the Sunday for “unreasonable behaviour”

Yay 😐

boltonjon

Dumped on your birthday – charming

I hope you went out the following Saturday, bought a new bike, and then found a good fatty to ride later that night

I must say, since doing the Exmoor ride, i’ve got shed loads more money to spend on my bike and my extra training has really helped my riding

In every cloud…. 😀

Now, where do i find a less mental woman who is passionate about riding rather than shoes???

rickon
    Free Member

My missus is cool. She rides more than I do, wins races, even does mechanic stuff too – got her to bleed my brakes last month.

She does my washing and cooks me food. Can’t ask for more really. And she doesn’t nag… even convinced me to buy a shock bushing tool last night.

There are bonuses to being a toy boy.

WIN.

emma82
    Free Member

You do know that you lot can be just as annoying and bat shit crazy and you can’t even blame it on hormones, you men are just weird

sugdenr
    Free Member

men are just weird

Pot, Kettle 😛

My definition of the perfect partner is someone who will put up with me!

molgrips
    Free Member

Mrs Grips is a different class of amazing, however she does like to leave every dirty dish or pan to ‘soak’ in the sink, regardless of what’s in it. And then she leaves it for several days (when I’m not home I should add). I’m sure the incredible range of bacterial growths have probably had time to evolve drugs to cure cancer and the common cold at the same time before I pour them down the sink.

wallop

Ahh yes, mine went away this weekend so I:
    Painted the hall, stairs and landing in a colour she had selected 3 months ago but we had not had time to do.
    Did all the washing, ironing and shopping.
    Generally did a big tidy up
    Fixed a leak in the bathroom.

However, we should have done the painting together as it is our house and apparently she doesn’t like the colour now.
    I shouldn’t have done the washing as she has stuff that needs doing.
    I’ve moved everything whilst tidying so she can;t find anything.
    That leak has been there ages, why didn’t I do it before?

I then get told she hasn’t seen me all weekend and it would be nice to catch, so we head to the sofa where she immediately falls asleep. Brilliant.

I was going to have a moan about the ridiculousness of this thread, but luckily this made me chuckle.

teethgrinder

You do know that you lot can be just as annoying and bat shit crazy and you can’t even blame it on hormones, you men are just weird

Thing is, we are as simple as it gets (well, I am)-we keep being expected to grow up but there’s no fun in that. We want, nay NEED, our toys, space and childishness otherwise we may as well give up on life and buy a people carrier and look miserable.

zokes
    Free Member

GCSE Biology – both sexes have hormones. HTH

On the flip-side, (most) women don’t have testicles, so we can blame our (very rare) irrational behaviour on those 😆

brakes
    Free Member

gentlemen.
    do your part, contribute, share the burden.
    show her your love, show her your loins.
    when it all goes shit-shaped.
    ignore her.
    easy.

My wife’s friend earns more money than Mrs 10. This is my fault.

sugdenr
    Free Member

gentlemen.
    do your part, contribute, share the burden.
    show her your love, show her your loins.
    when it all goes shit-shaped.
    ignore her[u]take all the blame[/u].
    easy.

FTFY

onehundredthidiot

show her your love, show her your loins

Brave move that.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

oh dear its gone all men are this and that ! The clue is in the title…partners in general be they be male female ? so females you are free to air off as well !

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?’ is closed to new replies.