Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Wifes Number Plates Stolen Today Reg X827 HEF
  • grantway
    Free Member

As above just found out someone has nicked her number plates.
    These plates X827 HEF are meant to be on a Dark Green metallic Renualt megane

If you see these plates around East/Central London Essex
    The vehicle will be stolen

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I would contact your local police station (not 999) and let them know. That way if any offences are committed by that number plate you can let the DVLA know that the plates where reported stollen.

I know it may sound obvious but I didn’t inform the police when it happend to my car. 2 weeks later £60 fi e and 3 points. I had to proove it wasnt my car.

khani
    Free Member

What he said,^^ expect armed police shortly, or at least some tickets 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why nick the plates? Much easier, surely, to just get some dodgy ones made up, rather than go to that risk. 😕

thegreatape
    Free Member

They’ll go on another green Megane. Report it to the police, the number will go on ANPR then. This will probably mean your wife gets stopped a few times, but they can quickly check the chassis number. It is also the best chance of catching the thieves. Plus what was said above about tickets and so on. Gives more crediblity to any future defence of ‘it wasn’t my car’ if you’ve reported it before any offence occurs.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Trickier there days Fred, as you are meant to produce your V5 before they’ll make them for you.

grantway
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Why nick the plates? Much easier, surely, to just get some dodgy ones made up, rather than go to that risk.

Pass maybe its the cost for the plates the reason to stealing them.

thegreatape – Member
    They’ll go on another green Megane. Report it to the police, the number will go on ANPR then. This will probably mean your wife gets stopped a few times, but they can quickly check the chassis number. It is also the best chance of catching the thieves. Plus what was said above about tickets and so on. Gives more crediblity to any future defence of ‘it wasn’t my car’ if you’ve reported it before any offence occurs.

Yep done all that

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s about it then, unless you see it!

chojin
    Free Member

There’s a lot of this going around Essex at the moment, my mum had her’s nicked in Harlow recently :/

user-removed
    Free Member

My plates were stolen from my Honda about five years back and the police were informed immediately. I got stopped four times in five weeks, usually just after passing one of those ANPR vans.

Pain in the neck and not a little embarrasing, but I suppose it’s nice to know they were on the lookout. But Jaysus, I hate the sinking feeling when the blue lights suddenly reflect in the mirrors and you hear the blip of the siren…. *shudders*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Trickier there days Fred, as you are meant to produce your V5 before they’ll make them for you.

Pfft. It’s easy to get plates made up for you. Loads of places will do ’em without a V5. A mate had a new plate made up recently, to replace a cracked one, and Halfords I think it was did one even though he’d forgotten his V5. And backstreet places will knock ’em up for a few quid no trouble.

Doubt it’s cos of cost either. Plates are cheap, you can make loads on a dodgy motor.

grantway
    Free Member

Pfft. It’s easy to get plates made up for you. Loads of places will do ’em without a V5. A mate had a new plate made up recently, to replace a cracked one, and Halfords I think it was did one even though he’d forgotten his V5. And backstreet places will knock ’em up for a few quid no trouble.

Doubt it’s cos of cost either. Plates are cheap, you can make loads on a dodgy motor.

Very true but will be going to Halfords in Barking tomorrow

petrieboy

It’s for nicking fuel. They’ll probably only use them for 1 night then bin them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Also, it’s a bit daft to steal them and use them on another motor, cos they’ll then be reported stolen and the plod will be on the lookout for that reg number. Better to clone them and then it may be ages before any problem arises. 😕

It’s for nicking fuel. They’ll probably only use them for 1 night then bin them.

That actually makes a lot of sense. That, and the fact someone could do a robbery then swap the plates over.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s why I said trickier rather than impossible dear boy.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And tbh, there’s a fair few staff working in Halfords, who do the odd dodgy deal for mates and stuff. I know this for certain about at least three or four stores, and imagine it’s rife really.

falkirk-mark

Happened to a guy in work and as petrieboy says there was fuel knicked from a petrol station.

totalshell

common ploy by drive off merchants at the PFS. the plates are only fitted outside the PFS and taken off as soon as they leave

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Wifes Number Plates Stolen Today Reg X827 HEF’ is closed to new replies.