Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Wife's bike stolen from outside a&he, bloody scrotes.
  • mattbee

Just had to go & rescue my tearful wife after a 12 hour shift in a&e at the QA hospital in Portsmouth.
    Her lock has been cut through and her commuter stolen from the bike stand directly outside the department.
    No cctv aparrently.
    It’s a red Inbred with white Rebas, 1×10 Deore groupset with 36t Zee chainring, Hayes brakes, old Hope hubs on silver Mavic rims. Main distinguishing feature, apart from the SSUK ’13 stickers is the ancient USE seatpost with purple clamp.
    Doubt it will ever be seen again & it didn’t exactly owe her anything financially but she is properly upset. Need to sort her a replacement ASAP too as she only has her Bandit which she won’t leave there & she has to pay full cost to park if she drives.
    Any Pirtsmouth dwellers see it out & about feel free to knock whatever scrote is on it off for me…

matt_outandabout

Horrid.

m0rk
    Free Member

It won’t have got far…. Maybe 1/2 a mile west if you’re brave enough to go for a drive about it’ll probably be lent up against a wall maybe.

Unless she’s a giant I’d doubt my spares collection will be of much use

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattbee

Tbh, I just need to find a decent but crap looking frame & forks in 16-18″, got enough bits in the shed to build another but it’s the hassle of it, plus the annoyance that they are discouraged from driving in but the security for bikes is so woeful.

I know where you mean Mork, we used to live in Portchester, had our ’72 campervan vandalised not long after moving there & the police reckoned they would be from ‘there’…

johnj2000
    Free Member

That’s just so wrong, what kind of scrote goes looking to steal from outside hospitals FFS! Will keep an eye out around Fareham.

richen987
    Free Member

Hi Matt,
    shit luck,
    I have an old lavadome in the garage, pretty much all there, 17in which you can have, perfect commuter bike.
    It even glows in the dark!
    that should scare the pompey scum away, as they will think it’s a ufo!
    drop me a line and we can sort it out.
    think it just needs a saddle and you may want to change some of the gears over, but am sure you have enough spares.
    it’s doing nowt, so you’ll be doing me a favour.

TomB

I’ve got some heavy rigid on one 26″ forks that could be in Portsmouth in about 10 days, if any use? Free for a good cause, were on my commuter for a few years until I got a cx bike. In laws live a stone’s throw from QA. Bars and stem maybe too…..

yunki
    Free Member

ahhh man..

I feel your pain and to you maybe it’s just a parts bin on-one that ‘doesn’t owe her anything’ but to a bike thief that’s an effing desirable mtb with rockshox and disc brakes and everyfing..

I wouldn’t leave any bike worth over £25 locked up anywhere

garage-dweller

That’s pants. Sounds like a nice bike to leave near there!

if you need any bits to build a beater post back here I am pretty local and got a fair bit kicking about some of which is free to a good home.

teethgrinder

16″ ish Carrerra Vulcan frame going for postage. Stripped to bare alloy.

Any use?

shifter
    Free Member

Mate of mine stopped to give first aid at a car v pedestrian collision and, you guessed it, someone swiped his bike in the confusion. World is full of arseholes.

DrP

Arse…I used to get nervous locking my scrappy fixie in the locked lock up under the qa….

And it’s not just bikes… The oxygen cylinders outside the a&e were frequently getting nicked!!

The a&e security in qa carry handcuffs and actually crack skulls if needed!

Lovely place…

DrP

DrP

Oh, I’ve probably got a 16″ matte black frame she could have…

DrP

martinhutch

No cctv aparrently.

Directly outside an A&E in a major city? That’s pretty poor.

Hope it turns up soon.

br
    Free Member

If she’s a perm, make a noise with ‘management’ about getting cctv pointing that way – I’m assuming that your A&E has ‘security’ since even our rural one does overnight.

davidjey
    Free Member

what kind of scrote goes looking to steal from outside hospitals FFS!

Most of them I’m afraid. Easy pickings and lots of bikes to choose from.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Had a bike taken last year myself and it feels horrible. It went from shed while I was brewing up,Police recovered it as did the scumbag who nicked it,my lovely Trek repainted with Hammerite paint!. Just shout up on this here forum if you a short of any kit to finish your build,like you got spare bits in boxes you are welcome to mattbee. Hope you get sorted. 🙁

mattbee

Rich, I’ll give you a shout later about that Kona, thanks.
    She’s reported to the police, if only to record another bike theft from site. Security didn’t seen that phased by it aparrently.
    Just hoping that if enough people kick up a fuss they may actually do something to reduce theft, be it cctv, better lighting or even security actually patrolling the area.
    Like someone has said, I suppose that what to me was a scrappy shed bit build was actually quite a nice bike. Guess you don’t see the value so much when the money was spent years ago and the bits had long been superseded.
    Thanks to those of you who’ve offered help, just goes to show that under all the bickering on here most are genuinely nice people.

DrP

You know there is a secure bike lock up under the eye department… That has cctv and needs card entry to get to it?

DrP

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

matt
    its not much but I’ve got that same mudguard combo going spare if you want it

Hope it turns up

johnj2000
    Free Member

I have boat loads of 26 inch tyres which I can donate and possibly a stem and some bars plus a saddle.

kimbers

Had my bike nicked from the racks at the Royal London a couple of months back

Security guard told me they loose 5 a week !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what kind of scrote goes looking to steal

Pretty much every kind of scrote.

Scum be scumming.

LeeW

I’ve got a ten speed XTR mech and a 2×10 front mech and shifter if you need it?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Got a few seat posts of different sizes, seats, tyres and various 9 spd shifters and mech if you need them..

mattbee

Once again, touched by the offers of help with kit etc… I’m lucky to not have to take any of you up on the offers really but impressed by the sentiment.
    Rich’s old commuter will most likely be repurposed for her, and I have enough bits to make sure it look,s rubbish but is nice to ride.
    One or two of the security guards ride, so they were bothered enough to sit through her whole shift’s worn of cctv footage from the front of A&E, which doesn’t quite cover the bike shed but at half 4 in the afternoon a couple of scrotes in tracksuits ride past, one of them on her bike. No face shots so police not interested but reported anyway.
    Dr P, sadly thefts aren’t uncommon from the ‘secure’ lockup, which is depressing when you consider that must be staff doing the stealing…

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Bloody scumbags, but:

12 hour shift in a&e… No cctv aparrently… she has to pay full cost to park if she drives…

Dafuq??? Thats pretty lame!

wishiwascalledsteve

I’ve got a spare Alivio/Deore 9spd groupset if you need it to build a bike, mate. Alivio shifters 9×3, Alivio rear mech and cassette plus Deore front mech.
    Also got some basic Suntour forks, 100mm travel, lockout, steel steerer.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Wife's bike stolen from outside a&he, bloody scrotes.’ is closed to new replies.