Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wife's 40th – what can the kids give her?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

My wife will be 40 in May & main present is sorted but I’d like to give the kids (9 & 11) some ideas for presents they could get her.

It would be nice if they could make/buy something she can keep as it’s a milestone birthday.

Any ideas…?

Cheers.

40mpg

Home made self portraits in a nice frame? Bit of a memoir and fun for all 😀

rogg
    Free Member

On a similar vein to what 40 said…Google Picassa lets you search your files for images containing the same face, and also makes collages very easily, so it was pretty easy to make two collages of images of my two kids for the-former-mrs-roggs 40th. The kids helped arrange the collage, deleted any images they didn’t like, chose which one went in the middle etc. I’m sure other photo editing/sorting apps let you do the same.
    The trickiest bit was choosing the frames.

I wasn’t around when they were handed over, but apparently there were tears of happiness. Job done!

gogg
    Free Member

9/11, perfect opportunity for the Twin Towers Collectors Memorial Plate.

I’ll get my coat….

BigJohn

My kids gave me a set of kitchen knives for my 50th. They’re not the absolute best, and probably not exactly what I’d have got myself but it meant a lot to them and I get pleasure from them every time I use them because of that.

toby1

Silver jewelery with their finger prints pressed into it? Something personal and individual if she likes that sort of thing?

(although at 9/11 the appropriate response is probably ‘a break’)

🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It was my wife’s 40th recently and I got a heart shaped photo locket for her from the kids with their photo’s in it. It went down well!

Riksbar
    Legoman
    Free Member

(although at 9/11 the appropriate response is probably ‘a break’)

Toby1 has it – spot on!!

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wife's 40th – what can the kids give her?’ is closed to new replies.