Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Wife's 40th Birthday… Give me some ideas!!
  • renton
    Free Member

So its my Wife’s 40th Birthday whilst Im stuck down the Falklands and I want to get her something nice as a present.

She it totally fussy about everything and not very materialistic.

Im after some different ideas for a nice present for her.

(We are going to London to see a show when I get back as well)

Help !!!!

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got to laugh I’m in exactly the same position but with a 50th. Fussy as hell and I’ve not got a clue!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Trip to Centreparcs

jekkyl

A stripper wearing a mask of your face?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Im stuck down the Falklands and I want to get her something nice as a present.

Benny hat?

fasthaggis

Giant Talon
    She will love it

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

A trip up oxo towers?

Cougar

Take her to London to see a show.

brassneck

A trip up oxo towers?

<pockets 10 pound bet with self> 🙂

ads678

Pampering day at a spa, inc bubbly and canapes n shit, then tell her you’ll take her out shopping when you get back.

Edit: Oh and flowers, the wimminz love flowers!

weeksy

I’ve got this next year too.

We’ve got a trip planned

Folkstone
    Geneva
    Bologna
    Maranello
    Como
    Disneyland Paris

Mrs Weeksy knows nothing about the trip, nor the drive in the supercar !

user-removed
    Free Member

Coke and rent boys. It’s the (female) stw way.

bails

Gigolo?

MadBillMcMad

Hot air ballon ride

davosaurusrex

Get her an XL Turner Sultan frame. She’ll love it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

…glad I’m not Weeksys better half !

Folkstone 😆

gaidong
    Free Member

Well, I can only suggest what I did three years ago, at the only time in my life I’ll probably ever have a decent salary (ex-patriated to a dump):
    1. Cartier pearl and diamond pendant,
    2. (which was probably more appreciated) I rented a big house via http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/. We’re in France and nearby is the former country house of Edward VIII post-abdication but there are plenty of options in the UK. It’s not actually that expensive depending on season and if guests chip in it’s sod all. That way she can have a nice weekend with all her friends pretending to be Lady Muck!

weeksy

LOL Folkstone is only to break up the first evening to get on the ferry in the morning… We’re not actually visiting there.

The fact that she gets a day driving Lamborghini Huracàn Lp 610-4 Spider or Ferrari 488 GTB should make up for it.

rocketman
    Free Member

The lesson I learned a long time ago is not to go overboard with this kind of thing ‘cos there’ll be another birthday and you’ll have to deliver

Just saying like

pocpoc
    Free Member

We’ve had both mine any my wife’s 30th’s this year – hers in Feb, mine last week.
    I got her 30 presents – a couple of relatively (for us) expensive ones and then 28 smaller/filler/joke ones. They were all wrapped and numbered and then I did a tombola to try stop the children from ripping them all open for her!

As part of what she got me was 30 different bottles of beer (I’m a big fan of a good ale) and 30 scratchcards all presented on a board – I won a grand total of £5! 😕 – then the window cleaner turned up the next day and took it off me 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP normal 40th presents are events as often as gifts. Given a surprise visit for her to the Falklands to be with you might not be what she’s got in mind how about a trip before or after to somewhere she’s really like to go ?

Note see @gaidon’s post – even the very nice Cartier gift was second to the house rental event with his wife’s friends (remembering of course its about her not you and this her friends are probably important)

zanelad
    Free Member

Save your money, tell her you though it was in a couple of years time and that she can’t possibly be 40.

Any other time they lie about their age anyway, so now it’s your time to do the same.

jekkyl

a subscription to stw!

johndoh
    Free Member

I bought my wife a single diamond and found a local designer who is about to to create a ring using the diamond and the birth stone of our two daughters.

(It is our 10th wedding anniversary too so I pushed the boat out further than I should have)!

Ohh, and I had our daughters design her a birthday cake (ie do funky little drawings for a cake designer to interpret). She especially liked that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My mrs just asked for time with us. So I based her presents around an antique cocktail watch, then did several surprise trips. She genuinely had no idea what was happening next whilst we did 3 days away in London/Brighton then back home to a little surprise gathering.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Bought mine a piano for her 40th. It was what she wanted, but to be fair, I could have bought a bike for what it cost!

bigG
    Free Member

My wife’s 40th tomorrow and she’s getting –

An additional diamond added to her existing diamond pendant, an eternity ring (should really have bought for her when our 2nd was born). Jo Malone toiletries (her favourite), flowers and custom cup cakes instead of a birthday cake because she loves cup cakes.

Also, this weekend I’m taking her to her favourite “restaurant with rooms” in Edinburgh. In the room waiting for her will be – her favourite turkish delight from these guys, 40 roses (20 pink 20 white) a small box of more Jo Malone toiletries in her second favourite scent and a bottle of shloer because she doesn’t drink alcohol and enjoys it.

I suspect it’s the little things that she’ll remember like the turkish delight and shloer waiting in the room more than the big expensive gifts.

Does your wife have a particular guilty pleasure or something she’s always wanted to try but hasn’t had time or money?

jimdubleyou

If she’s always moaning about not having any clothes to wear (like my wife), book a personal shopper at a department store.

Appointment costs nothing. Cost me a fair bit at the tills, but she was happy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Took my wife to Sicily for her 40th

downshep

BBC

Spud

Bit young for the free TV licence ^ 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bigG chapeau but you are making us look bad 😉

bigG
    Free Member

@bigG chapeau but you are making us look bad

Someone has to set the standard, plus that’s way more extravagant than I’d usually be but it’s been a good year and I reckon if I overdo her presents I’ll be able to up the ante on my requests for gifts when it comes to my birthday in a few weeks.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Pearl necklace

vongassit
    Free Member

Downshep ,you bet me to it 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Do the day’s vacuuming and ironing. 😆

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Wife's 40th Birthday… Give me some ideas!!’ is closed to new replies.