Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Wife on Bike – In her wedding dress
  • BlackDog
    Free Member

DeVs do people spend loads of money on rapha kit then use it once and destroy it? I would have thought it would be wasteful if they binned it but how can spending their money on kit, then using it be wasteful?

Not sure what your on about heating a garage, didn't see that in your post.

I'm confused, useless point, badly made.

devs
    Free Member

Without wanting to sound like a patronising tosser, if you read the few posts before the Rapha one Blackdog you'll see what I'm on about. For some reason this latest forum format does make it easy to miss posts and threads harder to follow. Bring back Usenet. It's a far better medium.

marionheck
    Free Member

put the handbags away gentlemen

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I for one thought the action shots excellent and you are a very lucky chap and wish you nothing but the best for your future togther.

That final shot isn't really my cup of tea from a purely creative/ aesthetic point of view, wouldnt want that on my wall, and hey, it's great that STW has so many eco warriors ready to save the planet 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Brilliant idea! I think the pics are great and very symbolic for you as a couple. People preaching about passing wedding dresses on I'm afraid the majority of people are too snobby to go for 2nd hand wedding dresses (NB I didn't say EVERYONE before people bite my head off!)! I love them.

mybike
    Free Member

MYWIFE 'on Bike – In her wedding dress'

Whistler July 2008

marionheck
    Free Member

My bike,

absolute quality! and I love what youa re wearing as well. I take it once married you two rode down the hill together?

fantastic idea, bit too late for me to copy now! well done.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Cool pics, isn't trashing the dress an "in" thing to do now – I've been to a couple of weddings in the US this year and the brides have done the same

marionheck
    Free Member

Not sure, I got the idea from a friend who is a photographer. we just thought it woudl be a fun thing to do.

we called it "the Chronicles of the wedding dress" rather than trashing it.

damion
    Free Member

Absolutely fantastic pics, and I hope the memories match. Congrats to the pair of you. You look like you deserve the best of luck.

We got married two years ago, just the two of us and two close friends, in Coniston, had a swim in the lake afterwards. For us it couldn't have been a more perfect day. Certain family members didn't get it and there's still bad blood two years on, but famillies eh?

If it works for you, causes no harm, then sod the rest.

woodsman
    Free Member

Ok, I thought it was an original idea, if it's a fashion thing then perhaps it isn't 'disturbing'.

All the very best

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Marionheck

thats my old Uzzi isnt it?? ( think I can still make out the hunt or be hunted sticker on there )

Sweet pics – congrats on getting married and also on putting that bike to some good use.

finbar
    Free Member

The negativity from some of these posters on this thread is quite amazing. By your logic why bother having a dress at all? A potato sack would do just as well.

Anyway, awesome photos which will no doubt bring you back just as many (more probably) happy memories than digging a fusty old dress out of a box in 20 years time. Your wife is smokin' too.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Super pictures, love it. 🙂

Wedding dresses, and indeed most of the nonsense that goes with big flash modern weddings, are a ghastly waste of fun money, fabric and energy(emotional and other). But unless you're going to get married in a regular dress that you can wear again I'm not sure that having a laugh riding a bike in the thing is sillier than anything else one might do with it. 🙂

tandemwarriors

The action pics are utterly brilliant, love it. Personally not sure about the last one, but if we were all the same it'd be a boring world! Good on you for doing your own thing.

We celebrated out 10th aniversary this weekend, and yes the wedding dress is still in the wardrobe. Will show Sandy this thread, might tempt her to get the dress out for some anniversary photos on the tandem!

Congratulations and best wishes for a happy marriage.

Rob

RHSno2
    Free Member

Love it.

Its your wedding and you did what you want. Brilliant 🙂

Kramer
    Free Member

Excellent, glad you had fun.

marionheck
    Free Member

Rudiboy,

Yup that is your old Uzzi, she stole it off me and i had to buy another DH bike. She loves it.

Thank you all for comments.

lazzarooney
    Free Member

To 'My Bike'
    Love your idea for a wedding and the associated photos!
    Had I thought about it properly a shorter dress would have been much more appropriate for riding purposes :o)
    LR

lazzarooney
    Free Member

Rudiboy, Marionheck didn't have it for long I am afraid before I fell in love with downhilling. It is fantastic! It served well for the mega this year too. LR

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Wife on Bike – In her wedding dress’ is closed to new replies.