Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wife about to start the Brighton Marathon and…
  • wwaswas

I think I slept worse than her last night.

When I'm doing an event I don't really worry too much but I know how much work she's put into this in the last year and want it to go well for her.

Just need to get kids out of bed so we can chase her round the latter half of the course and get a feed station setup at our beach hut…

edit: why can't I change which forum this is in. We will be using bicycles to get round the course to see her…

ononeorange

Best of luck to her!

wwaswas

start delayed by car parked on course and she didn't cross start line until 9:30..

wwaswas

Finished 🙂

MrSparkle

Well done. What time did she get?

wwaswas

5:08 – she decided to slow down from her planned pace because of the heat and recent itb issues.

it's her first marathon and she felt afterwards she could have upped her pace a bit and done better than 4:30 but she was running with someone else and decided sticking with them and moderating her pace was the better choice – lots of people were getting into trouble int he last few miles.

oldgit
    Free Member

That's so cool. Marathons are great, the road to one isn't 😕
    Are there more to come?

wwaswas

well she's already saying 'I've got to beat 4:30 next time' whereas yesterday she wasn't going to do another so I think the bug's bitten. She's lost 3 stone in the past 2 years through running so she's done a brilliant job all round really. I'm right proud of her 🙂

Was an amazing atmosphere throughout the whole city today – Brighton and Hove did itself proud.

avdave2

We went to watch at Ovingdean where the runners past 3 times so it was a good spot. She did the right thing in slowing her pace, there were a lot of people at the 8 mile mark who looked like they'd overcooked it and in the heat I think they were going to suffer later.

wwaswas

yes, we have a beach hut at Hove lagoon where I spent some of the day with our kids (22 mile mark) – there were a lot of people struggling there.

I didn't see any but my wife said there were loads of people being sick in the last few miles and we saw at least 4 ambulances going to help people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wife about to start the Brighton Marathon and…’ is closed to new replies.