• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wierd WiFi internet – any ideas
  • jonba
    Free Member

Using an android phone a virgin super hub 2. Whenever my screen locks I lose internet. The WiFi connection stays but I get the little exclaimation mark saying no internet. Have to reconnect to get it back. No issue on any other device or pc.

Any ideas, Google not helping just get answers to phones dropping WiFi which is not the problem.

MrPottatoHead

Have you tried both channels on the wifi? I get something similar with my fire stick on 5g but it seems perfectly fine on 2g.

Stoner
    Free Member

Wifi / settings / advanced / keep wifi on during sleep / always on

jonba
    Free Member

The WiFi connection stays but I get the little exclaimation mark saying no internet.

No problems with wifi dropping out, it is always on.

5g seems a little better than 2g. Will try messing around with the channels this evening. Only proble with that is it creates problems elsewhere and reminds me how many things are connected to wifi when they stop working!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Its something on the phone settings if its displaying ‘no internet’ when the screen is locked. As long as it instantly removes this when the screen is unlocked, of course.

Dont waste your time messing with channels, etc, thats not the problem.

Stoner’s suggestion is probably the way to go, have you tried it?

Or this:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-1-4-2-4-3-jelly-bean/315879-wifi-goes-off-when-phone-sleep-lock-mode.html

MrPottatoHead

You shouldn’t have to mess around with channels-the Superhub 2 uses 2 channels simultaneously on different SSID’s. You should be able to connect your phone to the other channel without affecting what other devices are connected to.

jonba
    Free Member

The WiFi connection stays but I get the little exclaimation mark saying no internet.

No problems with wifi dropping out, it is always on.

Stoner
    Free Member

apologies jonba, I see what you mean.

Have a look at some of the troubleshooting here
    http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/android-connected-to-wifi-network-no-internet

esp checking wifi timer (and Id still make the change on the phone I mention above)

jonba
    Free Member

thanks,

some interesting options on that link Stoner, will have a play tonight and annoy the wife by constantly turning the wifi off!

Drac

will have a play tonight and annoy the wife by constantly turning the wifi off!

Make sure you get that the right way around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wierd WiFi internet – any ideas’ is closed to new replies.