Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wierd STW/Internet Explorer Behaviour – IT Wallahs input please
  • boblo
    Free Member

I’m using Win7/IE9 to view STW. Occasionally when browsingthe fora, I click the back arrow and there’s no apparent response. When I look at what’s going on, there’s an endless list of ads.nn.nn page names. Loads of em meaning each time I click ‘back’ I’m going ‘back’ to the previous ads.nn.nn page even though I haven’t visited any of these pages directly.

Woss it all abaaaat?

annebr
    Free Member

I get that too. Not on this forum so far but on others I do.

Very annoying.

Sui
    Free Member

Been happening to me for Yonks – Same as you Win7 & IE9 – there was a thread about this a while ago and apparantly the problem doesn’t exist 🙄

lunge

I seem to have a different problem using Chrome on an iPhone. Every now and then the page reloads and tell be it can’t load the page due to not bring able to find delivery.switchadhub.com.

Very odd.

xiphon
    Free Member

I think some of the ads are in ‘iframes’, so your browser does visit ads.some.website.com (just you don’t notice it).

boblo
    Free Member

So it’s down to the website coding and how it deals with iframes?

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Boblo – Not really, It’s down to the quality of ads that the multitude of ad delivery networks out there deliver. We do our best to remove any problematic ads as soon as we become aware of issues. However, I admit it can be very difficult to find the source of the problem when you are dealing with hundreds of ad delivery networks.

If you can email details of problem ads to tech@singletrackworld.com we will do our best to track them down.

If you use the site a lot you may want to consider a digital subscription. This will allow you the option to turn off all the network delivered ads (we retain a few house and ST premier dealer ads we think are of interest to subscribers). Anyway, more info here singletrackworld.com/subscribe

boblo
    Free Member

Ok Patrick, ta. When I get it again, I’ll zap the details across.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wierd STW/Internet Explorer Behaviour – IT Wallahs input please’ is closed to new replies.