Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wide yet light 26" rims, what is out there?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Looking for something pretty wide, 35mm (external width) would be ideal. I know there’s the Stans Flow at 30mm external width iirc, but ideally would like something wider. Of course there’s the Mavic 729 at 35mm, but it’s 675g and the Flow is 480g, I’d prefer something closer to the Flow’s weight if possible.

Others I’ve found are the Sun Ringle EQ31 at about 550g and 31mm wide, and the Velocity P35 (courtesy of james-o) which appears ideal at 35mm wide and 535g, but can I find anywhere that even sells them at all? No is the short answer…

Suggestions please…

Rickos
    Free Member

According to Velocity’s website these chaps sell their stuff.

BRICKLANE BIKES, LONDON. UK

Address: 118 BENTHAL GREEN RD, LONDON
    Phone: 207 0339 053
    Email: orders@blbbigmama.co.uk
    Web: http://www.blbbigmama.co.uk

z1ppy

If you deceide there too expensive & couyld live withthe weight, I’ve a set of 729 rim’s that have had an easy life (wheels on the ground rider – I found out after buying them) doing nowt in the garage I would sell for not a lot.

mboy
    Free Member

How much do you want z1ppy? I’m really only after one, though another might do as a spare.

Rickos, just gonna give brick lane bikes a call now, see what the deal is…

z1ppy

drop me a mail to discuss it off-forum, really I dunno.. rather they were used, than sitting doing nothing in my garage.

mboy
    Free Member

P35 is £65.99 each, and £13.50 postage… 😐

Any more ideas on a slightly tighter budget?

EDIT: z1ppy YGM

chakaping
    Free Member

Possibly not much help, but I have been riding a set of the sunringle EQ27s and have been very impressed by them.

The 31s are £38 a rim on Jenson, so probably £50+ each after tax & delivery – if you get a decent order together.

mboy
    Free Member

EQ31’s in stock at CRC chapaking for £42 each, still would prefer slightly wider though…

chakaping
    Free Member

Ah right, couldn’t find any in UK when looking recently.

Good rim anyway!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wide yet light 26" rims, what is out there?’ is closed to new replies.