Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wide rims and tyres, but 26"….
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve been running Continental Baron Prokekts for a while, but I’ve has a slow speed burp on the front and the sidewalls have started weeping after a few months of being on. I’m losing some faith in them…
    Maxxis have not abandoned 26″ tyres and are making WT versions of shortys and minions.
    However they seems to require a wide internal rim.
    I’m running original flows at the moment which I think are 23 mm internally?
    So I’m considering wider rims to go with the wider tyres, any recommendations?

akira

Spank spike evo 35s are 29.5 internal, pretty wide and think crc had them on sale.

nixie

Aren’t the new wider flows available in 26″? There is also the velocity blunt 35

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

The new flowed are 30mm, I’m using spank oozy 295 trail bite rims. Internal 24.5 with the baron 2.4s with no issue what so ever. What pressure are you using?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

The flow mk3’s are nice and wide (29mm internal iirc) and after having them for a couple of months in deeply unfashionable 26″ flavour I’ve been very impressed by them. Light, strong and they definitely put the tyres into a better profile for more grip

simon80
    Free Member

I like the idea of running the new flows.
    Pressure wise I’m running 22 and 26 psi

poah
    Free Member

I’m running about 27 (26 inch)

kerley
    Free Member

Either the new Flows or Velocity Blunt 35. Both 30mm internal. I have some Blunt 35 rims with Continental MK 2.4 tyres and they worked very well, great profile to tyre.

lardman
    Free Member

I’ve just built the new 26″ flows into some wheels and run maxxis shorty/minion combo.
    They make a great profile and don’t roll at all in hard corners, running 18psi front and 23psi rear.

However, whilst riding this week in the Alps, I destroyed a rear completely and put a flat spot on the front. So, might just be because of the very rocky terrain, or maybe the ‘lighter’ but wider nature of the rim is decreasing durability.

Great tyre profile tho’ really grip in corners.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wide rims and tyres, but 26"….’ is closed to new replies.