Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wide Rims
  • snowjunkie
    Free Member

My Mavic XM719 rims are close to death so I am looking for recommendations on a wide tubeless compatible rim to be built onto Hope Pro 2 hubs.

not worried about weight as long as not to heavy. Reasonable price

Mainly ride trail centre and BPW. Riding 2.4 tyres front and 2.25 rear

Any info greatly appreciated.
    If anyone has built onto Pro 2s then info on spoke length etc would be useful.

Thanks

drovercycles
    Free Member

Ryde Trace Trail (wide, light) or Trace Enduro (even wider, still very reasonable weight). Neither are especially cheap but they’re on a par with Stans but wider and lighter.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have the trace enduro on the HT. Brilliant rims.

vincienup
    Free Member

I have a set of Nuke AM’s hanging above me right now. 420g and comparable to Flow EXs for size. I’m waiting for spokes to arrive before building them onto pro2 evos. They were 29.99 a piece at crc a week or two ago…

vincienup
    Free Member

Spokes are 258/260 either wheel by my calcs on them after rounding down (see thread yesterday…)

darrenspink
    Free Member

How wide? Flow ex at 25mm is a perfect rim for not being too heavy at a reasonable price.

P20

Never heard of the trace rims before, but they look good

drovercycles
    Free Member

Yep, we’re building with them a lot these days. They’re wider and lighter than the equivalent Stans, offset spoke holes so build into strong, evenly-tensioned wheels, and tubeless setup is a breeze. Massively recommended.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

On-One have Pacenti DL31s on the cheap

Also worth checking out their mad bargains on geax tyres

pipiom
    Free Member

Ryde trace enduring for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wide Rims’ is closed to new replies.