Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • wide range 10 speed cassettes
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

is the Sunrace one the only sensible option?

any alternatives i should consider?

sideshow
    Free Member

Going 11 speed, seeing as the sunrace costs loads and the price of xt is more sensible these days?

Or getting one of those expander rings if you want to keep things cheap. Presumably it should outlast a cassette or 3.

duncancallum

Sunrace 40here…

Love it nice cheap and it works

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sunrace mx3 here, about 6-7 months use with no issues grand as out

craig24
    Free Member

MS3 from Ze Germans, cheap and does the job.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve not priced this 1x business up yet, but have you looked at a 26/28T 64-BCD n/w inner chainring with an 11-36 cassette?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’m all about 1x g0at… 2x is sooooo 2011 dahling 😉

and side show, once i;ve bought an xt cassette and then an expander it’s cheaper to go sunrace…

which i now have, thanks all

Simon

seeing as the sunrace costs loads

Eh? A Sunrace MS3 11-42 cassette only costs £38.99 and weighs only 45g more than an XT cassette with an expander

spawnofyorkshire

Another sunrace mx3 here, more than happy with it. £39 from Triton

Needed a new chain and cassette when i made the switch. Going from deore stuff I lost just under 750g from my 2x setup when combined with a bargin KMC EL

legend
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member
    I’ve not priced this 1x business up yet, but have you looked at a 26/28T 64-BCD n/w inner chainring with an 11-36 cassette?

An 11-36 cassette with a 32t just gives high enough gearing, going smaller at the front would be pretty rubbish

pondy
    Free Member

I have ordered a mx3 from laxzo for £48

steve_b77
    Free Member

Going from deore stuff I lost just under 750g from my 2x setup when combined with a bargin KMC EL

jebsus that chain ring, shifter and front mech must be made of lead!

spawnofyorkshire

plus lighter cassette, lighter chain, lighter chainrings, full length cable housing

Edit: and a bit of mud tucked away in nooks and crannys that i never cleaned out. There’s probably 100grams just there

I weighed it all up and was genuinely surprised by how much weight i took off.
    If it’d been higher spec stuff it would have been a fair bit less, but going from entry level deore stuff it was a chunky bit of weight

legend
    Free Member

pondy – Member
    I have ordered a mx3 from laxzo for £48

Did yours take long to arrive? Mine was shipped on Monday apparently, yet to see any sign of it (and I’ve just worked out that they aren’t too swift at replying to emails)

pondy
    Free Member

Legend, it took 5 days, I emailed them asking what service it was sent with, replied next day, think it was royal mail signed for me

legend
    Free Member

ha, I’ve just had exactly the same conversation with them. Should be interesting to see when it shows

legend
    Free Member

Well first impressions (it did show up, 3 days late) is “cheap shit”. Bottom half of the cassette seem to index completely differently from the top – thought I’d accidentally put on an 11sp at first!

steel4real
    Free Member

I’m finding the SunRace MS3 at £39.99 very good so far AND it came in all black 🙂 AND it’s about the same weight as the XT 11 speed cassette !

Also I went from 2×10 to 1x and found the weight savings rather more modest than the poster above (although I did add a chain guide and bash so there is further saving of around 100g if it was omitted)cranks remained the same (SLX M670 as I was running a 2x on a 3x chainset with a bash guard)

Weight measurements

I also compared the ‘Gain ratios’ out of interest

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘wide range 10 speed cassettes’ is closed to new replies.