Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wide handlebars that don't break the piggy bank?
  • continuity
    Free Member

Sunline v1’s, 762mm @ 25 on crc vs superstar 780mm’s @ 28 (303g and 320g respectively).

Seems a wash vs this and easton’s haven (270g, 711mm and £80), but should I just not be cheap and get haven carbons?

mboy
    Free Member

IMO, and having owned 2 or 3 in the past, Carbon bars offer very little benefits over ally bars except for weight saving. They also hurt you a lot more in the wallet department as you already know!

Sunline V1’s at £25 from CRC right now are a steal. Great bars. Were exceptionally popular on the trails still when they were twice the price.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

is 50g really that much of a bother?

RealMan
    Free Member

I got some of the new on-ones recently. 810mm, £30. Look good, and I’m loving them so much I haven’t even bothered cutting them down. Fair bit heavier then the 660mm ritchey carbon wcs bars they replaced, but wgaf.

mjsmke

I just bought the Sunline V1’s from CRC and i love them. I got the Sunline XC-1 stem to match too. I used these to replace some old carbon bars that were too narrow. The difference in weight is negligible.

Northwind

762 is a great bar, and that’s a silly price.

continuity
    Free Member

well, a third of a pound, but

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wide handlebars that don't break the piggy bank?’ is closed to new replies.