Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wide Flat Bars on a 26" Wheel Bike?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

At the moment I’ve got some 680mm riser bars on my Soul. It’s quite a high rise, I reckon 25-30mm. I fancy trying somthing wider and lower. At the moment things feel fine on the down but going up any steep climb I find I cannot keep my weight forward enough. In order to keep the traction on I have to sit down, but then I find myself lift the front wheel up.

I was thinking of a 720mm flat bar. But then I started thinking this might be too low for the down hill bits. Maybe I would be better off with a low riser instead

Any thoughts?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I have gone from 760 wide 50mm rise to 780 10mm rise, absolutely brilliant, don’t know why i went for risers in the first place.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Because it was the fashion in those days?! Not sure I need to go as wide as 780mm. Plus I need to get the bike out the garage door! I’m guessing with bars that wide you’re going downhill a lot?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrishc777
    Free Member

Only as much as I go up! Makes winding through tight trees more fun and induces some extra erse-clenching moments!
    Probably don’t need them that wide but whenever I ride anything narrower it now feels wrong..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wide Flat Bars on a 26" Wheel Bike?’ is closed to new replies.