Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wide bar with 12-15 degree bend?
  • ajantom

I run OG bars with 25 degree bend on a couple of bikes (29+ and SS), but I’m after wider bars with less bend for my new DMR Trailstar build.
    I’ve currently got some bars with a standardish 9 degree bend on it (15mm rise and 750 length), but would like something with more like 15 degree and similar rise and length.
    Any suggestions, my Google-fu is obviously weak as I’ve not found too much out there.

peanut
    Free Member

Salsa Whammy bar?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Salsa bend 2?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stooge moto bars are 800mm wide, 38mm rise, 17 degree sweep if you have about 20mm of spacers to drop your stem

ajantom

Stooge motos were/are an option, but not in stock anywhere, and the rise is a bit big.

Salsa Whammy bars are only 10 degrees.

Salsa Bend 2 are not dissimilar to the OG bars in the 23 version. Can’t see the 17 degree ones in stock anywhere – also they’re £85!!!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stooge motos aren’t exactly budget either but reading their Facebook page suggests stock arriving in two weeks

ajantom

I don’t have any leeway with height, steerer us just long enough. So I think the Moto bars would raise the front end too much.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

On-One Fleegle…

717mm, 15 deg back sweep.

Love mine 🙂

On-One Fleegle

Cheers!
    I.

ajantom

Fleegles would be spot on (and in fact I already own a set!) apart from they don’t seem to have 31.8 versions.
    My DMR Defy stem isn’t suitable for a shim as it has two widely spaced clamps. I offered up some handlebar shims I have in the spares box – both are too narrow.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Change stem into Dartmoor Fury. It is available in 25.4 and even in 35mm length…

Or V3 if you are after 45mm…

Alternatively try Amoeba Scud

It is 720mm and 15deg back sweep. 31.8mm clamping diameter.

You might struggle to get it in UK thou…

Cheers!
    I.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Syntace do their Vector bars in 8 & 12 degree backsweep, carbon or alu

ajantom

Thread revival time!

I couldn’t find any of the above suggestions in stock – or at a reasonable price 😉

Anyway, I was perusing the Onza website, and they have these….

725mm wide, carbon wrap over Alu, 14 degree sweep, and currently reduced to £22. Just fitted them and they seem perfect, just the right amount of back sweep.

bedfo
    Free Member

SQ Lab also do nice 12 and 16 degree bars at decent widths

https://www.sq-lab.com/shop/en/handle-bars/

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Syntace?

I have some barely used 12 degree Syntace Vector carbons lying around, 740mm width and 12mm backsweep – if you want to buy them?

ajantom

SQ Lab also do nice 12 and 16 degree bars at decent widths

I’d seen them, but still pretty pricy.

Tom – cheers for the offer, but I already bought the Onza ones. About to give em their first outing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wide bar with 12-15 degree bend?’ is closed to new replies.