Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Wide (680mm plus) XC risers ?
  • shinsplints

What is everyone using over 680mm ? Carbon or otherwise ? I ride xc only so looking for light and low rise. No danger of me jumping off stuff !

paulosoxo
    Free Member

nukeproof from CRC

DaveE

Raceface 725mm for me.

Northwind

Easton’s Monkeylite XC is a very nice bar- light and strong. They do an SL (superlight) version which is a bit more weight weenie too. 685mm, low rise. Expensive though.

audiophile
    Free Member

Currently using Raceface Evolve XC ( 680mm ) but fancy going a bit wider. Most wide bars I’ve been looking at are more of the downhill variety and have too great a rise for my liking. Will probably go down the flats and bar ends route instead.

shinsplints

Same here. I like low rise but a lot of the wider risers are high rise and burly. Are the nukeproof risers relatively light ?

nuke

Like Dave E, I find Raceface do some good low-rise wide bars and I run RF bars on all my bikes.

At the top end there is the RaceFace Sixc Carbon bars…725mm, 3/4″ rise and 225g.

Stoner
    Free Member

monkeylite for me too.

Ive tried other bars but keep coming back to them. The shape is just *right*.

kiwijohn

Answer Protaper. 711mm. Just right & quite cheap too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

monkeylite CNT lowrise 685mm, and USE atom 660m carbon

shinsplints

Kiwijohn – where are they available from ?

neninja
    Free Member

Used Sunline V1’s – perfect

Currently using FSA XC190 Low riser 680mm bars – good shape for me and light for an alloy bar.

When they need replacing i’ll get another Sunline V1 bar though

stumpy01

I’ve been looking for a new stem/bar/seatpost combo and had some great replies to my thread before the website went all wacky.

Anyhow….KCNC stuff was suggested. Have a look at the KCNC SC Bone Riser bar……good value, pretty wide, light……

The new RF Turbine stuff looks good too (~685mm I think).

I’ve got a Sunline V3 on my Inbred which is well cheap and wide. Not sure it’s that light, but not too heavy either. I’ve found you have to get the roll on it just right – initially it was rolled forward too far and made my wrists ache. Rolled it back a smidge and it’s fine. Too wide for me though to be honest, so gonna chop 10mm of each end at some point. Another thing on my list of bike stuff to do…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Raceface evolve and Easton 680. Both good.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nukeproofs here on my Wolf Ridge, Funn Fatboys on my 2004 Enduro. The Funn bars are excellent, wide enough for decent leverage and not too large as to hinder weaving between trees.

I think my Nukeproofs are a tad lengthy…

kiwijohn

Local bike shop down here. Don’t know about up there. Have you tried the usual suspects?

shinsplints

Settled on some KCNC Bone XC risers, 710mm wide & scandium. Had a look at one of their stems in the LBS today and it nearly floated out of the box it was that light !

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Edge(enve) Composites ltd all mountain riser, they come in 700mm @ 180gms, these are cut to 680, so 160gmsish.

BigGraham
    Free Member

Salsa whammy, 20mm rise, 780mm wide so loads of room to trim! I’ve got mine at a ‘mere’ 730mm. I think they were just under 300g at full width so not light but not exactly heavy for a silly wide ally bar. Nice sweep and shape, I love ’em gonna get some on the 29er soon too!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nuke proof’s flat bars on the 456, proabably very strong as I’ve not broken them yet despite DH and DJ use. Uncut at the full 760mm width they take some gettign used to but are much more controllable through the rough stuff and the treelined singletrack isn’t any more work with them than normal bars, if anything its easier as you can controll the bike and throw it arround more.

I quite like the RF Deus raisers I’ve got on the SS for shape, only 680mm wide though.

jonnyrockymountain

Sunline v1 spot on for me at 711mm wide if I could afford though monkeylight DH carbons

KT1973
    Free Member

RaceFace Next SL Lo-Rise carbon bars at 680 mm with lizard skin peaty lock on grips.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Sunlines on all of mine. Just seem right somehow apart from very tight singletrack between the trees.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got this dilemma currently- I now need a OS stem as 680-length monkeylite CNT’s only come upto 660 in 25.4 🙁

Anyone got a spare one?

Trimix
    Free Member

Im using a Gravity Light Bar, 25mm Rise x 800mm x 31.8mm.

800mm now thats proper wide 🙂

hora
    Free Member

BEJESUS! Your are a bus driver 😆

Stuey01
    Free Member

Easton EA70 Monkeybar 685mm low rise here. Cheap, reasonably light, havent snapped it so I presume it is strong enough, and I like the shape.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Wide (680mm plus) XC risers ?’ is closed to new replies.