Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whytes Level descent – which one?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

If I recall correctly there are 2 final descents to the valley, an upper and lower – which is the most technical/ rougher? Can’t remember which I did last time I was here (over 2 years ago now) but seeing them from the road as I drove past made me wonder!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Old and new dark side. I prefer the new one but don’t think there’s much in it. New one is longer maybe so more bang for your climbing buck.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mates and I did a Topgear style race and the old one is much quicker if you’re in a rush for some reason – largely because there’s more climbing to do on the start of the new one – which means more total descent which wins in my book.

As for one is more challenging, you’ll have to make up your own mind – whatever anyone says will be leapt on by some internet hardman / elevenarife holiday maker for being “not a technical as…” Being at a trail centre so only for Audi driving Bronson owners or wrong, for some reason or other. They’re different but both fun IMO

al

The new descent is aweful. It’s just steep loose chutes. The old one was at least fun.

rickon
    Free Member

Whites Level.

It’s not a sponsored trail.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Old one. The new was just put in as a descent while the old was being used temporarily as an “up” (awful as an up), but has stayed there. It’s a Rowan special smooth and flowy but not as much fun technically as the old.

Sadly it’s lost its charm since the trees got chopped down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whytes Level descent – which one?’ is closed to new replies.