Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whyte T130s sizing
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So went to Whyte dealer this afternoon to test ride the T130s but they only had the medium (in all models).

Gave it a try and I’m pretty sure I need the large. The stand over and seat height were all ok, but just felt a little cramped.

The guys in the shop said medium was fine and it would be their choice as it’s more flickable.

They didn’t watch me ride or take much attention to my position so was wondering was size people were riding?

I’m on a 19″ HT and 5ft 11 with average reach and legs!

I’m trying to find somewhere local who has a large to compare but be interested to hear peoples sizing.

mboy
    Free Member

Where’s local?

I’d say at 5’11 it’s your choice, but a large would make sense if you felt cramped on a medium. I’ve sold a LOT of T-130’s through my shop (got a large in stock you can sit on if you’re local to me), all those of 5’11-6’2 have had Large’s (above that XL, 5’10 down to 5’7 have had mediums).

jayx2a
    Free Member

Where abouts are you? Makes sense to sit on both anyway just to rule one out.

jmatlock
    Free Member

At 5.11 I had a medium 905 and it was too small.

I would go large with a shorter stem.

Wally

I’m 5.11 and rode a large M109 with plenty of post showing. Sounds like they wanted to sell what they had. I understand these are selling like hot cakes and being an “average” height you are finding the most popular size all sold.

lawman91

Definitely a large, medium would be ok but a large would be better. I’m just over 6ft and have recently bought a 2017 T130C RS and it fits like a glove. If you find the large a bit of a stretch just swap the stem to a 40mm and job done.

dubber
    Free Member

When i tried last years t130 yari I thought the medium was to short @ 5’10ish. Small seat tubes so easy enough to size up.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Seat tubes seem pretty short on the whyte meaning the large should be all good. I just want to check it for reach before buying.

There is a ‘as new’ large I am looking at which is the 2016 Yari model – did they change a great deal for 2017? Looks like all measurements are the same fit wise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130s sizing’ is closed to new replies.