Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whyte T130 Works SCR question
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Maybe and odd question but when changing the rear stock tyre today I noticed that the wheel/tyre doesn’t sit in the middle of the chainstays where they meet the seat tube. The wheel seems to run true and freely. Is this normal/common? I cannot recall any other bike I’ve owned with the rear wheel not being central in the chain stays? The Hans Dampf tyres I was putting on we’re too big as well (2.35s), almost touching one chainstay but not the other. Any ideas or is my new bike faulty?

The frame is single ring specific up front with an eleven speed Sram cassette at the rear, if this would make any difference?

somouk
    Free Member

The SCR version has different chainstays I believe as you dont need room for a granny ring so it may be the different rear triangle bolted to the normal frame means it is a bit skew by design?

Grabbing at straws but could be fine.

br
    Free Member

I’d email Whyte and ask them.

thorpie
    Free Member

Hmm, easier said than done! No direct email and you have to ask questions via the distributor on a FAQ page. Bloody captcha codes!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Hmm, easier said than done!

They have a phone number on their website, you could call and talk to a real person?

Wally

Cycle through a puddle. Do wheels track over each other and look straight with bike upside down?

thorpie
    Free Member

Alright Doug, calm down! Maybe I’m scared of speaking to a real person, lol. Anyway, ATB have answered already, there is a 2mm offset from the centre line as well as a 2mm tolerance on the frame manufacture, so answers my question. Hasn’t caused any issues apparently and is the same on th G150, just more noticeable with bigger tyres as the tyre will be closer to the right chainstay, Too close for HD 2.35’s.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Why would anyone design a bike, geo, suspension, livery etc and then make it so that you can’t run a decent size tyre in it.

Baffles me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 Works SCR question’ is closed to new replies.