Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whyte t130 scr works
  • dyls

I know a few on here have the whyte t130s or works and was wondering how you are getting on with them – been looking at the scr works which is on sale at the moment, which would replace my blur lt2 for trail centre stuff. Seems very good spec for £2400.

Or what else similar is there going for around £2500?

stevedoc
    Free Member
    AndrewL
    DickBarton

I’m loving mine…but I’d say it was excessive for trail centres…capable of much more.

mjsmke

Paid 2400 for mine in January so you might find a better deal if you keep looking. Love the bike. I’m 5ft5 and got the small. It’s been great for natural trails and long xc rides. Might spend some money on it over the winter to lighten it up a bit more.

arbie
    Free Member

I really rate my works, stiff, fast and having 130mm makes it very precise. Use it for all day xc loops to ews stages

scandal42
    Free Member

I have a t129 SCR, the frame seems very good indeed, stiff and solid with the asymmetrical stays.

tom199
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for about 5 weeks now and ridden all day xc routes, single track, trail centers and natural trails in that time. Really pleased with it.
    Seems not to struggle on xc rides compared to mates on 120mm more xc specific bikes especially with the shock in the pedal setting. Equally I wouldn’t say its a ‘point and hold on’ sort of bike like a longer travel bike but its so precise and rides light that picking lines down techy steep trails is so easy and fun so seems a perfect compromise, for me anyway.

I’m 5’8 on a medium with a shorter stem, volume spacer in the pike and better brake pads and it rides amazingly. Good few Strava PR’s smashed on it both uphill and down and we all know that Strava never lies 😉

leftyboy
    Free Member

Had mine since May 2015, long story but it’s my 2nd one, and I’m still loving it.

Great bike very capable at trail centres but even better for just riding my local (Winchester) trails on. Did 4 days in Mid-Wales in june and it was everything you could need this side of a DH bike.

I’ve changed the brakes to Hope E4s and the tyres are currently Ardent rear and Minion front, soon to be minion rear and Shorty front if the mud gets worse!

mtbbokaj
    Free Member

Hey.
    Owners of t130 please help:)
    how does it feel weight wise? Snappy, good climber, good for jumps ect. It’s around 13.2 kg i Large so just woundering before ordering t130rs and i dout weight wise.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whyte t130 scr works’ is closed to new replies.