Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte T130 s problem. Technical help needed.
  • cobrakai

I’ve got a T130 s 2014 (the 2×10 one) with a problem.

I noticed some slight lateral movement in the rear wheel a couple of weeks ago. Assuming the hub bearings were on the way out I replaced them but i can still observe very slight movement (barely half a mm) at the through axle nut* at the rear drop out.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I think im going to have to go down the route of the hub axle nut being worn or the frame mount being bent.

Any advice?

*not up to date on specific description!

oink1
    Free Member

Had the same issue with my Bluto/front wheel. Maxle just needed tweaking up 🙂 (This may NOT be your problem)

cobrakai

Tried tightening the maxle up still the same result.

cakefest
    Free Member

i have a 2014 m109 with Whyte wheels and get rear wheel wobble every few months. last time was earlier this week. i’ve found the Maxle tightening helps sometimes, but most often the solution is the threaded non-drive side adjuster had come slightly undone. i nipped it up tight and all was good. i should probably add some Loctite to prevent it happening again.

weeksy

but most often the solution is the threaded non-drive side adjuster had come slightly undone. i nipped it up tight and all was good. i should probably add some Loctite to prevent it happening again.

Mine is the 2015 t130 but my threaded adjuster isn’t fixed. It moves in and out about 7mm. Only the axle threading in keeps the tension. The adjuster piece stops it falling out, but not from moving in and out

DickBarton

Are you 100% certain it isn’t the bearings? They may require attention…I mean the swing arm bearings or shock bearings.

cobrakai

Holding the swing arm and then moving the wheel is where I feel movement, not between the swing arm and frame.

weeksy

On my Process mine was still felt when holding swingarm but was pivot bearings

cobrakai

Thanks, I’ll check them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 s problem. Technical help needed.’ is closed to new replies.