Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Whyte T130 RS Advice please
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

I have been looking for a new bike for ages and keep swaying from the perfect hardtail build back to a full suss.

I have seen the bike above and for spec and price not sure it can be beaten.

I am looking for a 30-40 mile muncher / trail centre ripper and bike for the occasional trip to the peaks.

Why should I not buy it? (I have a demo booked).

fuch
    Free Member

I had a demo on one last week and went to swinley on it for the day…very impressed with it & to be honest it was all that I wanted in a new bike after my 9 year old specialized so I’ve gone and put a order in for a canyon spectral instead 🙄 doh!!….don’t ask me why but my head said the T130rs but heart said spectral..I must be nuts as have not had a ride on one & it’s prob going to be late on delivery as canyon have had delay on there stuff so I’ve been told… Don’t know if there prices go up & down as I’ve put a order in for a spectral And the price has gone up by £450 from 2 weeks ago when I put order in?

But if you do go t130Rs it’s a good’un.

cokie

The only reason not to get one is because there is carbon RS 😀 !
    I have a T129 and also ride a T130 sometimes. It’s the first FS bike I’ve truly gelled with. The 29er and 650b are very similar. They have plenty of travel for everything but true DH trails in the UK. Yes, you might take more of a beating but the bike will take it in its stride. They are such playful bikes and the long TT and ‘modern’ geometry is great. I’m holding out for a T129 Carbon..

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2015 Works and can’t fault it. I ride between 18 (winter mud fest) and 40 (summer dust) miles twice a week around the Winchester end of the SDW and on bigger trips away. I’ve not found it wanting yet. I mainly night ride and the Whyte is very confidence inspiring which is great when chasing your mates down woody singletrack in the middle of the night.

I’d like the carbon one but I don’t think it weighs a lot less and it may be a bit stiffer but I wouldn’t be able to tell so despite it being very orange I’m sticking with my Works.

HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 RS Advice please’ is closed to new replies.