Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte T130 Owners, a couple of questions
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

Just bought a T130 works and I’m very pleased with it but have a couple of questions.

Where do you holding it in your work stand? Shock is in the way on the top tub and dropper post rules seat post out.

What tyres are you running especially with the lack of clearance on the rear.

cheers

mjsmke

Hi. I find the clearance on the back pretty good with the stock Maxxis Ardent 2.25. I’m currently running a Nobby Nic 2.25 rear and Hans Dampf 2.25 front which are fine most of the time in anything other than clay or very sticky mud. I Put the Ardents back on when it was very dry and I found them much faster.

As for the work stand I just hang the bike from the nose of the saddle if I’m just working on gears or brakes or need to remove the wheels. Anything else then the only option is to raise the post or use a small stand that props the rear wheel up.

Best bike I’ve ever owned and so far only changed the stem (50mm Apex) and tyres.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Any more?

leftyboy
    Free Member

I have a Park stand with soft jaws so I clamp the Reverb post but not over tight. I’m running a Maxxis Ardent 2.3 at the rear and a Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 on the front. Clearance is fine most of the time but my local trails are a bit clay like so with the addition of fallen leaves I have had both the front and rear clag up. My solution is to avoid the trails I know are really claylike and covered in leaves, I’m lucky to leave near Winchester so I have other trails available that are muddy but not sticky so OK.

I’ve got Hope E4s with Tech 3 levers, a Renthal stem and carbon handlebar, Hope grips and an oval front ring. I love my T-130 Works and would buy another, my previous HT was a bit old school XC so the T-130 is much more ‘modern’ and gives loads of confidence both on my local trails, Swinley and when i did a 4 day weekend in Mid-Wales. HTH

DickBarton

I’ve a large size frame and I can clamp it on seatpost on frame…
    The stock tyres got ditched as I didn’t get on with them…running a Smorgasbord and Chunky Monkey and find them very good but a bit dragged on the roads (to be expected)…

windysurfer
    Free Member

cheers for the replies.
    Good to know I can get a 2.3 on the rear.
    I ran Cm/Smorg on my old school 26″ so might stick to what I know.

Chunky Monkey is out of stock so may have to leave the Ardents on for now!

DickBarton

Chunky on front…don’t think a 2.3 would fit in rear…2.25 is the Smorgasbord (I think)…

postierich
    Free Member

Located in the tyre slashing lakes so gone lardy with Spesh Butcher Grid 2.3 tubeless had no problems with punctures or grip but I do notice the slight weight penalty. reasonable £35 from most shops

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just hold it on the dropper post. I do it all the time. No issue at all.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

I got rid of the Ardent Race on the rear and replaced it with the standard Ardent from the front. Then put a 2.4 Ardent on the front. Seems to work ok for me.

I put a shorter stem and carbon bar on (Renthal), and changed the grips.

windysurfer
    Free Member

yes your right a Smorg is 2.25

leftyboy
    Free Member

Oh and gone tubeless as well

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 Owners, a couple of questions’ is closed to new replies.