Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte T130 owners…
  • lawman91

Pretty much ready to pull the trigger on ordering a 2017 T130 C RS, but with the threads about Evil and others going round at the minute I figured theres no harm in seeing what people to theirs and what they’re like to own. Any troubles with them or is everything still going strong?

stugus
    Free Member

Owned mine for a couple of months. Some pretty rough riding with no issues, the only problem so far is the bb is starting to make a creaky noise. When I get a sec I’ll check it out but all the expensive bits seem tight and working well.
    Its great value I think, feels very inspiring and rides like a bike with far more travel than it has. The only upgrades I’ve chosen are the tyres, upgraded to a minion front and an ardent rear – much better for rougher stuff.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Friend of mine has a Whyte (older 129 I think) and the seat tube around clamping area developed an issue, they said quite normal and should be fine but please send pictures of it, and they replaced the frame. Easy peasy. T130 on my list now behind a Rose Bikes offering.

cokie

T129 here- a year of abuse and whilst I’ve had to replace wheel bearings, drive train and other bits, the frame is solid. Bearings and linkage is still tight with no play. Paint is wearing well with minimal markings. Really impressed given the rubbish weather and hard riding it’s been exposed to.

More widely, Whytes the most popular bike locally. No horror stories or issues to mention!

cobrakai

Whyte t130 2015. Great all-rounder. Great fun on trails but I’ve been training for sdw in a day so been putting in some serious miles on it and it hasn’t really skipped a beat. Replaced the tyres with nobby nics. Slight rotation (1/2mm maybe) in dropper post which I’ll have to get looked at but despite the amount of abuse it’s been great. Meet lots of people who are envious!

lawman91

Thanks all for the feedback, sounds like they’re pretty robust! Liking my current bike but want something a little livelier, shorter travel and the lifetime warranty on the bearings and threaded BB are a huge plus point over my current bike and it’s press fit BB, think I’m gonna go for it! 😀

skiprat
    Free Member

Had my T130 Yari a few months now and really like it. Been to BPW with it and felt less beaten up than last time on a 150/140 trail bike. Its a low bike so you can really move about on it.

All the bits are holding up so far. Changed the tyres and the bar and stem (liked my own set up) but other than that its been spot on. Put some heli-tape on to stop paint rub (always do) but it looks good. I like it.

pdV6
    Free Member

Similar – had my ’15 T130S for about 18 months.

Spec changes: didn’t get on with the Revelation when test riding so ordered with a Pike instead.

Breakages: Replaced a wheel that pulled a spoke through the rim. Reverb died just recently but just had the call from the LBS this morning to say that the warranty replacement has arrived.
    Other than that, with a bit of a wash it still looks as good as the day I picked it up.

Overall impression: great fun. Flatters my cack-handed riding even more than my previous ‘Five did.

lawman91

Thanks all, thinking I’ll have little to worry about by the sounds of it, the frames seem spot on and that’s the main thing, will be ordering next week 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 owners…’ is closed to new replies.