• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jonk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whyte T130 2017 sizing for Small
  • zer0cool
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Ive been looking at the geo & sizing on the 2017 T130s and the Whyte Small size seems to be on par with Mediums on other brands. Normally Id be looking a being in the Medium band of sizing, just under 5’8 with short legs but think the small may be more suitable.
    Are ther any others that have, or had the bike that normally go M, but fitted S better on the 2017 range?

wiggles
    Free Member

Im about your hight and would have a medium (based on riding one) and had a medium G150 in 2015 so little bit different sizing but the T130 has got bigger over the years and is probably nearly as big as that was.

CheesybeanZ

MrsbeanZ is 5’2″ on a small – fits great . Her 5″6″ friend has a medium which fits her a treat .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

You’ll want the medium…

Small is ok up to around 5ft6, med from there to about 5ft10.

I’m 5ft10 and can ride either the medium or the large happily.

zer0cool
    Free Member

ok, Thanks for the input. I will get out to try before buying but Im still on a 26er and new 27.5s in the M range just seem a lot bigger now.

mboy
    Free Member

new 27.5s in the M range just seem a lot bigger now.

Yup

Embrace it… will feel odd for the first ride or two, but pretty soon you won’t want to go back! I was messing about on a cistomer’s XL sized bike earlier, and seat height aside (I got away with dropping the dropper just enough to have a play on, but a 20″ seat tube would mean I couldn’t even run a 100mm dropper on it!) the bike felt fine to me… at 5ft10!

Don’t worry, I’m not Chris Porter. But be prepared to forget what you thought you knew about bike sizing and embrace the new normal. You’ll find once you’re used to it that it makes a lot more sense!

qwerty
    Free Member

Just to add: I’m 5’7″ and and with any seat tube length over 15.5″ I’d be confined to a 100mm dropper. On a 16″ seat tube and a 125mm dropper (of which most are on a small) at full extension I wouldn’t be able to touch the pedals!!!! My inside leg is around 30″ but Ive never measured it. I guess I have ickle legs.

jonk
    Free Member

My MRS has the small T130 and it has a 125mm dropper that needs to be slammed for her it fit it. She is 5ft 6.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 2017 sizing for Small’ is closed to new replies.