Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whyte t129s 1×11 ??
  • RagTi
    Free Member

Hi all

Looking at running a 1 x 11 setup with chain device in lieu of my current standard double setup.

Anyone done this ?, just a little conscious of the permanent frame manipulation / bracket detail to pick up the
    Existing front mech?, is this a problem ?.

Any help appreciated

Kev

bikeneil
    Free Member

Why use a chain device?

njee20
    Free Member

And why would any permanent frame modifications be needed?

1×11 is great.

RagTi
    Free Member

Njee
    The t129 frame has a modification / welded bracket detail to pick up the front mech generally where a chain device would go

Neil
    What tip would you recommend to stop the chain coming off, a problem my mate experiences as the bike shop forgot to put it back on!!, his chain is tight etc

Cheers

RagTi
    Free Member

Njee
    The t129 frame has a modification / welded bracket detail to pick up the front mech generally where a chain device would go

Neil
    What tip would you recommend to stop the chain coming off, a problem my mate experiences as the bike shop forgot to put it back on!!, his chain is tight etc

Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

Half the point of 1×11 is that with a Narrow/wide chainring and a clutch action rear mech, a chain device is all but redundant. Not run 1×11 yet myself (though will have it soon in my new company bike), but know plenty that have used it for some time and rate it highly and haven’t felt the need for a chain device.

kirky72
    Free Member

I’m running 1 x 10 on my 2013 t129 but with the hope T. rex sprocket and a narrow wide chain ring 30t. Got the same top speed and with the expander sprocket I’ve not yet felt the need for a lower gear 30 front 40 back seems a good fit for the 29er.

This set up is a fraction of the initial costs of a true 1×11 and replacement parts eg cassette are a fraction. Using the stock x9 clutch dearrliur.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whyte t129s 1×11 ??’ is closed to new replies.