Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whyte T129 works -> tubeless
  • timwillows
    Free Member

How straight forward is this?
    Is it just remove tubes, fit valves, add sealant and away you go?

failedengineer

Well, when I bought mine last year the dealer did it as part of the deal. However, he said that the WTB tyres don’t work tubeless, so he put me some Bontrager XR3s on FOC. The front one’s still tubeless, but the rear punctured on the second ride, dinging the rim and ensuring it wouldn’t work tubeless. It’s got a tube in now (a 26″ one!) Don’t bother.

nuke

Is it just remove tubes, fit valves, add sealant and away you go?

From what I can see they are wtb St tubeless ready rims so as long as they come taped, should be as as you said

timwillows
    Free Member

Ok then I’ll give it a go

timwillows
    Free Member

Has anyone actually done this with the Bronson tyres and standard rims?
    Just spent an unsuccessful half hour on this and not sure how to proceed, every other tubeless tyre I have used has been a really tight fit on the rim, but these are slack – no need for levers to remove or refit these tyres. Consequently the seal is rubbish and I cannot get any air in. Trying to ‘lift’ the seal a but, tends to result in pulling the tyre off completely. Even tried inflating with tube in place and carefully removing to keep one side seated, but too slack and it fell off.
    Any experiences or thoughts?

FactoryPhil

No experience with the Bronson tyre but I couldn’t get the Wtb tyres on my 2013 T129 to go up with either co2 or an airline. Put Specialized tyres on and these went up with a track pump. If you’re set on using your Bronson tyre, I’d try putting another layer of tape on the rim to take up the slack. Gorilla tape would be my first choice.

Phil

timwillows
    Free Member

Cheers Phil, sounds like the setup is not quite a tubeless ready as promised

nuke

Recently had a very similar issue with a non-tubeless 29er tyre and rim but tried this…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p

…worked first time. Might be worth a try

coopersport1
    Free Member

My T129s was just a case of remove tubes and fit valves, rims were already taped. I didn’t try with the stock tyres though as I had some Maxxis to fit

timwillows
    Free Member

Gorilla tape to the rescue, not needed on the back, but sorted the front out no problem
    thanks for the tip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T129 works -> tubeless’ is closed to new replies.