Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte t129 scr owners
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Quick question,

Ive got a frame to build up and the internal routing is worrying me (not started)

Is the gear cable routed using full outer or is it just inner with outer on the externally visable parts?

cmadd
    Free Member

Looking at mine I would say it’s full outer the entire length of the cable

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m after one of these. Where’d you get your frame only from, scandal? Second hand, I guess.

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep 2nd hand, quite a rare chance to pick it up.

Internal routing of gear and brake looks easy enough if the gear is full outer.

Reverb on the other hand will be tricky I think

mboy
    Free Member

Rickos, give me a shout… I’m selling my 2 month old T-129 SCR now that my Evil has arrived. Believe we met once when you popped in my shop to buy some Fork Juice.

mboy
    Free Member

Full outer gear cable all the way…

Reverb isn’t so bad if you remove the lever, and the frame grommets (remembering to slide them over the hose in the correct places) first. You will most likely need to give it a bleed though in fairness.

scandal42
    Free Member

Sounds like it might actually be an okay job if removing those grommets, should create a bit more wiggle room.

Just realised the one on the down tube is missing, hope whyte have spares

Rickos
    Free Member

mboy – yes, that was me. Well remembered! I’ll drop you a line…

scandal42
    Free Member

One more question for anyone able to help

I assumed the single internal entry point on the headtube was for the rear brake due to it being on the same side, however looking at pics it seems it’s the rear mech cable.

So on the other side the 2 ports next to each other are for the reverb and the rear brake?

Does this mean the cable crosses over under the frame?

Hope this makes sense

mrsmigginspies
    Free Member

I’ve got a T129 Scr and had to warranty replace the reverb. It was a 10 minute job cutting cable after removing lever. I did find using the red barb that comes with the installation kit useful in dragging through the cable once I’d attached a section of old cable to it. Will use this when I have to do the rear mech too,

My biggest issue is that the frame grommets tear when you try and remove them. They are such a tight fit. High chance of scratching the frame too if you use a flat blade screw driver to prize them into place. Local bike shop couldn’t get any replacements for a few weeks, so ordered some from Jenson USA for reasonable amount considering they came from other side of the planet. Took 10 days. Came up on a search for giant frame grommets.

Good luck. I really enjoy riding my bike. Had yeti’s and Santa Cruz’s for a few years. But this hasn’t disappointed at all.

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers spies,

Got the reverb done so easily I dont knowvwhat I was worrying about, removing those grommets was the key.

Whyte actually sent me a pack of spares foc, arrived in 2 days.

Today or tomorrow is the bit im really dreading, the rear brake 😮

Bike is nearly built and I must say it looks the dogs bollocks, rear tyre clearance is indeed small but that is what gives it the snappy character.

Cant wait to ride it

mrsmigginspies
    Free Member

Who or how did you contact ATB sales? Couldn’t find any contact details on their web page. I’ll ask for some spares if they’re giving them away.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte t129 scr owners’ is closed to new replies.