Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whyte T129 increase front travel ?
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

CSU on OEM Fox creaking in the market for new forks . Any recommendations , may increase travel , looking at 130 or 140 Rev’s . With only 10mm increase I’m thinking it won’t make the front too slack.

mudsoul
    Free Member

10mm increase in travel will slacken the head angle by about 1 degree. I’ve run slightly longer than spec forks on many bikes and it was fine. I believe more than 10mm and it starts significantly negatively affecting the handling and geometry.

z1ppy

IIRC +10mm of travels equal an extra half a degree of headangle. TBH I demo’d a t-129 & measured the a-c & was convinced it was longer than normal (or a 140mm fork). Again I’d say go for it, it hardly going to change the bikes handling that much

singlecrack
    Free Member

I run 140 revs on mine…its fine ..A little more wander on the climbs. ..but nothing to worry about

mudsoul
    Free Member

Thanks for the correction, z1ppy 🙂

justatheory
    Free Member

I bought a pair of 140mm Pikes to replace the horrible Fox that came on my Fuel 29er. I intended to put a new air assembly in and reduce the travel to 130/120mm but it feels fine so don’t think I’ll bother. The Trek was relatively steep anyway so I’m liking the slacker head angle. It raised the BB a bit so that’s something to bear in mind.

st

I’m one ride in after building up a 2013 model and I swapped the stock Rebas for my existing 140mm Revs and am quite happy so far.

kirky72
    Free Member

I stuck 140mm pikes with the max offset option, not that much taller but turned it into a far more capable machine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T129 increase front travel ?’ is closed to new replies.