Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whyte T120 – works version?
  • trailertrash

So….are they going to do a Works version over and above the ‘S’? They aren’t answering my emails…

Anyone got an inside line?

argyle
    Free Member

Why would they do a fancy version of an entry level bike?

Grapefruit
    Free Member

Confused by the response there. Couldn’t the same be said of any entry level bike? E.g. If lapierre made only a zesty 214 in the first instance, would one say ‘why make the 314, 514 etc?’. I presume the answer is – ‘people like the geneal concept of this bike, if we widen the range with finer appointments on the same frame, more people might buy our bikes’ – result!
    I for one hope they make it. It will be another premium bike for me to ogle at that I simply can’t afford. Ah well, there’s always demo days eh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rewski
    Free Member

Don’t think lapierre had any issues selling there top end of the 2010 range, 514s. 714s and 914s sold out back in April. I should imagine Whyte are the same – where to people get the money from? Are Whyte Ti bikes made to order?

Demo days are dangerous – tried out a 514 and within hours I was phoning around the entire country trying to find one in my size, luckily Nivarna got the last one from hotilines. No regrets though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They (ATB sales) seem to have used it to fill the gap between the 100mm Marin Rift Zone and the 140mm Marin Mt Vision.

Edit: in a sort of half hearted way 🙄

sssimon
    Free Member

there is a rumour of a £2999.99 version but they aren’t sure it would sell as the 146 is the same price and it is be full carbon, has more trave and would work out at the same weight

ojom
    Free Member

tim – from my chat with the rep it seems they probably won’t make a works version of this.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

i understand they won’t be bringing out a higher spec version, at least not for 2011

they are going to be selling it as a frame only next year though

flyingfox
    Free Member

It’s at a great price point and the 146 is going to take a lot of the limelight. I realise it’s a different full suss bike but they have decided not to go too crazy on the 120 this year due to this. We might get an enhanced T120 in 2012 but it’s great value for money as it stands and doesn’t seem to have anything on it that requires an immediate change.

speaker2animals

Buying a frameset only allows you to spec as you wish but will work out pricey. I’d got for the std 120 and see what the shop could do on swapping over the bits that you want to change. Or buy it and change bits as and when and flog old parts on classifieds or eBay. The only bit that seems obvious for an early swap is maybe the Recon to a higher spec fork?

argyle
    Free Member

i figured the t-120 was a cheap way to get shot of the outdated linkage design used on it to help clear the decks for the newer version used on the 146…

trailertrash

thebikechain – Member
    tim – from my chat with the rep it seems they probably won’t make a works version of this.

Thanks mate 🙂

trailertrash

argyle – Member
    i figured the t-120 was a cheap way to get shot of the outdated linkage design used on it to help clear the decks for the newer version used on the 146…

This statement is deeply flawed on almost every level. I don’t know where to begin – economics, physics or facts – or even if I can be bothered….mmmmehhh.

😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T120 – works version?’ is closed to new replies.