Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whyte T-130 size help? 5'10" – medium??
  • trialsguru
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade my bike and narrowed it down to 3 possibles.

First one is the Whyte T-130, but withe no more Large bikes available, is the medium going to fit me?

I’m around 5’10” so bang in the middle for sizing!

I ride a large Cannondale FSI but is there anyone out there riding the medium of similar size to me?

I dont want to buy a medium and regret not waiting for the 2017’s

Thanks all!

dissonance

same height and the 905 suits me nicely in medium. Height alone isnt the best measure though. Can you find one to borrow?

CheesybeanZ

I’m your height and ridden both sizes – I’d want a large , medium felt a bit short for me .

tom199
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 and the medium fits perfectly. I tested the large and although it was ok the medium felt easier to manoeuvre much more fun on the downs

Trimix
    Free Member

I demoed a medium round Afan for two and a half days. Im 5 foot 11. At first it felt too small, then I sort of got used to it. But if I was to actually buy one Id get a Large.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m 180cm and i demoed a large; fitted great. medium would prob work with a 50mm stem, rather than the 35, but the front wheel will be 20mm closer. this may or may not matter. only 5 mm in the stack too.

both would fit if you want them too. but do you want to make a bike fit….

there was one at swinley bike shop yesterday, and one in cycle surgery portsmouth last week (don’t know which sizes though). might be worth calling round a few places.

mboy
    Free Member

At 5ft10 you can go either way.

Sold the last large in the country to a fella from Cheltenham the other day, I do still have a medium T-130 S left but don’t expect it to last long (I’ve sold 4 Whyte FS bikes in the last week!).

trialsguru
    Free Member

Turns out I’m not as tall as I thought I was am I’m only 177cm!

That still puts me on the cusp of the 2 sizes.

Sounds like I need to try them :-/

Annoyingly!

garage-dweller

Not directly comparable but I had the same dilemma when I bought my Camber Evo. I’m about the same height as you, right on the cusp of recommended sizing by height between medium and large.

I am long of body, short of leg (29″ inside leg for trousers is usually plenty).

I’ve gone large to get the length to accommodate my torso.

The Camber comes with a c. 60-70mm stem so I can shorten it if needed but seems to be working well v so far.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a super gnar trail/ enduro god

ceepers

Bike shed in Barnstaple had a large in on Friday that “might” be available. It’s the one with a Rev and gx. Worth a phone call?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T-130 size help? 5'10" – medium??’ is closed to new replies.