Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Whyte T 130 s owners a few questions?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Picked up Saturday afternoon rode it today on Ullock Pike Blencathra rode very well so glad I went for a large climbed well and more than capable on the downs just need to sort out my head!
    Rear tyre utter garbage perfect ratio for big mountain climbing 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/piqhj3]10350448_10152930845736474_5445041008467197969_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

br
    Free Member

I had a little spin on a large Works today, felt good although if I was been picky another 20mm in the TT wouldn’t have gone amiss.

dvowles82
    Free Member

@Postierich, glad you’re loving it! Jealous of the colour scheme, the orange is awesome. You going for a shorter stem or keeping at 70mm?

Did Whites Level again at Afan again today, the bike was incredible. Stable and confidence I inspiring but so poppy and playful at the same time. Ate all of the larger drop offs for breakfast.

dvowles82
    Free Member

@Postierich, glad you’re loving it! Jealous of the colour scheme, the orange is awesome. You going for a shorter stem or keeping at 70mm?

Did Whites Level again at Afan again today, the bike was incredible. Stable and confidence I inspiring but so poppy and playful at the same time. Ate all of the larger drop offs for breakfast.

postierich
    Free Member

Wheelbase offered to swop the stem but felt fine on the 70mm, strange shape though unable to attach my Garmin!!
    Missing the Chris King buzz from the rear maybe in 6 months!

dvowles82
    Free Member

@Posteriech – I think it may actually be an 80mm stem you have. The 3 Large T130’s that I have seen in the flesh (other than mine, which had a migrated 70mm stem from the medium), have a longer stem than mine. Mine is definitely 70mm, so I guess Whyte published the Large as having a 70mm when in fact it is an 80mm.

At your height/inseam (same as me), how do you find it for saddle clearance when descending/jumping/cornering low?

postierich
    Free Member

Your right it is a 80mm!!! saddle clearance is fine arse cheeks are able to touch the rear tyre not a jumper though. Found a problem though the front mech outer touches the rear swing arm has worn the paint so had to zip tie to the side of the guide.
    Full of lurgy so missing tonights night ride but should be ok for a ride tomorrow on my local stuff.

Tyres changed to Bonty XR4 2.35 front 2.20 rear and set up tubeless

postierich
    Free Member

anyone got a whyte stem they want to sell in either a 60 or 70 mm flavour!

postierich
    Free Member

Sorry back again the shop have sourced me a 60mm stem brand new but feels not quite right so do any owners want to swop a 80 or 60mm stem for a 70mm please I will cover postage!

Rich

dvowles82
    Free Member

How come 60mm feels wrong- too twitchy or reach too short?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T 130 s owners a few questions?’ is closed to new replies.