Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Whyte T-130
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

I am picking up my new Whyte T-130 SYari in medium tomorrow. I was right in between sizes which I was surprised at as am 6ft and the sizing said medium 5’6? – 5’10” and large 5’10” – 6’2.

I sat on them both and large did seem tad too big (maybe because you factor in the 125mm minimum of seat post due to the dropper) and the medium potentially a tad too small.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar sizing issues and also keen to hear if anyone has recently bought one and how they are getting on with it?

simon_g

My mate is 5’11” and tried both medium and large – felt much happier on the large.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m 6 feet bang on but quite robustly built so went for a large to give me some more breathing room.

br
    Free Member

So you’ve bought something that you don’t think fits, or am I reading that wrong?

bigmandh
    Free Member

It’s not paid for yet and can always change sizes if need by as they have both in stock

swillybey
    Free Member

Surely being 6′ puts you firmly into the ‘large’ category?

cokie

The Whytes have pretty big reach/TTs. I think it depends on your preference.
    I’m 5’9” and am on a Medium T129, but a Small 29-CS. I would be surprised if you don’t find the large more comfortable though. Only you will know though once you sit on it. Maybe post some Renton style photos for us armchair engineers to offer some judgement 😆

blacknose
    Free Member

I’m 186cm (6’1″) and am riding a large with a 40mm stem. Feels about right, although if I was much taller I’d have gone for an xl with a shorter stem probably.

dubber
    Free Member

I sat on the exact same bike in leisure lakes last month and felt the medium was too small , sat on the large RS and felt much better. The two guys in the shop said large also , I’m 5’10.5 with 32″ inside leg , didn’t take either bike out but hope this helps.

CheesybeanZ

A friend has a medium and at 5’6″ it fits her bob on . I’ve riden it and at 5’10” I’d want a large personally .

mastakillah
    Free Member

I am 5’11, but I’m all legs. So generally go down a size. I tried the T-130 RS in a medium. It felt great in the shop, once out on the trails it felt very claustrophobic and I was constantly push myself back on the saddle. Jumped on a large when I got back and it was much better. Which is odd since the top tube is 20% longer this year! Defiantly try them both before you commit. Even if it’s just a quick blast down the road.

bigmandh
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks for all the advice, confirmed my “fears”. I went with what the guy in shop said, didn’t get proper feel for it as was just sitting on it with jeans on. Have phoned shop and they have demo bike in medium and large so going to try them both out around the block before pulling the trigger. Will keep you posted but I’d say it sounds like I’ll be changing to a large.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ an ride a 2015 T-130 Works with a 50mm stem and it fits me perfectly BUT I like a slightly more upright position due to my previously broken shoulders!

At 6′ I’d say a large was the way to go.

bigmandh
    Free Member

Yup large it is as expected! Rode them both and whilst the medium would have been OK,the large had a bit more room and felt a bit better. Just have to wait another few days now while they get the large from the warehouse

DickBarton

I’m 6’1″ and riding a large…

bigmandh
    Free Member

How do you like it?

mboy
    Free Member

At 6ft you’ll be a large for definite. In fact, you’re close to XL territory depending on preferences.

We’ve got a medium and large demo bike on our fleet, and we’ve sold a couple of XL’s now off the back of guys taking the large out that felt it wasn’t long enough for them!

sprocker
    Free Member

Strange this new sizing, seems like the new way is to barely reach the bars so on that basis you need a xxl. I am 6 foot and had a sit on the large whyte and it felt alright ish I would have put a 30mm stem on it though.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I would have said you were a large all day.

I had a medium and at 5.11 it felt too small.

Miles of post and stem just about made it fit.

Large with a 50mm stem would have been perfect.

mrmoofo

At 6 ft 2 and a bit, I am aiming for an Xl …
    S some of the comments there worry me, but some don’t !

trailhound101

I’m 6 ft and tried the medium and my knees were hitting the bars too easily when turning. Went for a large and have fitted a 50mm stem and riser bars and it feels spot on now.

DickBarton

I really like it…far more bike than my fitness and skills need but I’m slowly improving and progressing.
    Had an issue with rear wheel and seatpost, but otherwise it has been far better than I thought it would be.
    Was worried it was on the small side of large but apart from sometimes thinking the bar could be about 10mm higher (mainly when I’m utterly knackered!), it is great.
    Mine is a 2015 model and they only did 2 sizes, I think if they did xl I’d have struggled to decide between l and xl.

chakaping
    Free Member

It won’t feel so big once you start riding it. Promise.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T-130’ is closed to new replies.