Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whyte T-129 Works Scr ?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

looks quite nice, anyone got one? hmmm appley.

how’s tyre clearance? I note it ships with just a 2.1, what would fit?

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/review-whyte-t-129-works-scr-14-48826/

nuke

Agreed looks nice but if thats a 2.1 Crossmark, a summer XC tyre imo, I’d not be confident much bigger could be squeezed in there…

🙁

somouk
    Free Member

My standard T129s has a 2.25 Nobby Nic on the back and the SCR is meant to have better clearance.

mattjg
    Free Member

nuke yeah my concern too

bigbloke
    Free Member

Funnily enough I just got a T129S. It comes with a 2.0 wtb nine line in the rear I popped on a 2.25 nobby nic to see clearance, it seemed very very tight. I took a couple of pics if u like? How’s the nobby nic getting on somouk?. I took mine off worried about issues.

somouk
    Free Member

Mine is fine, I had to re-dish the wheel over a little as the normal T129s has asymmetrical stays so more room one side than the other.

Got a good 2-3mm either side now.

bigbloke
    Free Member

This is how it looks ^^^^

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx BB. Pretty tight to my eyes.

monkeyboyjc

I thought that Whyte had sorted this on the new t129’s – I’ve an 2013 (with front mech mount) and the tyre clearance would put me off getting another. Rides really well when it’s dry but clogs up at the merest hint of sticky stuff. I taken to running a 2.0 tyre all year round.

roverpig

Is clearance any better on the SCR version?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Where do i get one of those cable guides on the lhs of the pic? I’m after an online link.

I’ll go asking dealers if no one knows.

clovadog
    Free Member

I’m also looking at the SCR version. Anyone else got any info on rear tyre clearance for this version particularly? Would a 2.3 High roller 2 fit in for example?
    Thanks.

postierich
    Free Member

those cable guides run through the cables they are crap!

Rockplough
    Free Member

those cable guides run through the cables they are crap!

Eh?

@clovadog Personal preference to a degree, but despite my initial misgivings about the 2.0 Nine Line on my t-129s, having ridden it a fair bit I’ve not thought to change it for anything bigger. I suppose I might fit a 2.1 at some point but it doesn’t need a 2.3.

failedengineer

FWIW, my ’14 T129 has enough clearance with a Bontrager XR3(?) 2.3 and a Specialized 2.2 Purgatory. Looks a bit tight but I’ve never had any issues, even in thick mud. I can’t see any advantage in a bigger tyre than these.

postierich
    Free Member

Eh!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rLrVyY]11138163_10153263518636474_9017663827713614545_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

bigbloke
    Free Member

Rockplough…..I have come to that conclusion the nine line is actually quite good. Will replace when worn out or broken.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

If I run a wider rim on these how will it affect the tyre clearance? Something like a 30mm wide carbon rim..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T-129 Works Scr ?’ is closed to new replies.