Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • whyte suffolk owners Question. Pannier Rack!
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Can you point me in the right direction of which one your using or which ones fit please?

Official mud guards arrive on the 14th so I’m looking for a rack for my commute.

jacob46
    Free Member

Anyone?

jacob46
    Free Member

🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I think everyone is feeling a bit used, after you took us on the emotional rollercoaster of getting your bike, and then never reported back when you actually bought it.

We’re a sensitive bunch.

jacob46
    Free Member

oh bollocks jamie,

theres me thinking it mite be because everyone is out on the piss but no you happen to be in replying to my post! i take it your skint, no friends or dont drink?

back to bike question, whyte have a big container turning up from china in the week and everyone who has purchased a bike from them for winter can order there mudguards, yippee! thanks whyteee!
    i just need to know without ringing them what panny rack people are using. but i suppose if no one has got any mudguards yet then no one is using a rack!!!

jam-bo

Is that what the shop is telling you? Because my lbs has had the whyte guards in stock for weeks?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that what the shop is telling you?

You forget, they have probably met him.

jacob46
    Free Member

the official whyte mudguards with the whyte logo on?

jamie has no friends and dont drink, shame.

jacob46
    Free Member

and likes to stay in with his PC or laptop 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Aren’t they just Blackburn mudguards with the Whyte logo?

Jamie
    Free Member

and likes to stay in with his PC or laptop

You are aware of the irony here, right?

jam-bo

the official whyte mudguards with the whyte logo on?

Yep. They’ve just fitted them to the whyte Devon my missus is buying.

Bregante

Aren’t they just Blackburn mudguards with the Whyte logo?

Yes but it’s the official Whyte logo

baldman
    Free Member

My LBS took about a month to get the Whyte guards when I got my Suffolk in August, they do seem to be in short supply!

For anyone looking to get some they are easy to fit and work fine but on tight turns in underpasses etc on commute I do have to be careful not to catch my toes on them. Don’t know if other brands are slightly shorter but may be worth investigating options if already tight or you have big feet? (Mine are 43). New to road bikes so maybe that is an issue with full guards / overlap on road bikes? Learning to time pedalling to miss it.

Edit – no help with rack sorry op!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought this was a racist thing from the title…..then I realised it’s just picking on tiny people (Jamie mostly).

MrNice
    Free Member

FWIW bog standard SKS guards fit fine, work well, and look OK. Not quite as neat looking as the whyte ones but they’re mudguards for god’s sake.

Can’t help about the rack but I will continue watching in case someone else can actually answer the question…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘whyte suffolk owners Question. Pannier Rack!’ is closed to new replies.