Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whyte Saxon Cross wheel/tyre clearance
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

The Whyte Glencoe has recently peaked my interest, ticks a lot of boxes for smashing around the local tracks and lanes.

Just wondering if anyone with the older Saxon Cross has any idea if something similar could be built using that frame/fork as a starting point and try to cram in a set of 650b x 47c wheels/tyres if there is room?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Bump for the daytime crowd…

mboy
    Free Member

I had a Saxon Cross, there’s no way you’d get rubber that fat in I’m afraid. The Saxon had MUCH tighter clearances front and back, the Glencoe is more than just different wheels and rubber in an old frame.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Cheers for that mboy, it is what I expected to hear.

bornonaboat

In a totally contradictory way that is to be expected from stw i also have a saxon cross and a couple of years ago fitted the wheels from a whyte 603 into it with no problem.
    They were fitted with wtb nano tyre in a 2.1 size. It should be noted that they are a narrow tyre for the quoted size.
    Cheers.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Just spotted this reply, thanks for that – keeping my eye out for the right bike but if I can fit 650b with a 2.0/2.1 tyre in the cx bike it might be the more versatile (and cheaper!) option..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whyte Saxon Cross wheel/tyre clearance’ is closed to new replies.