Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte Rough Ride 2014 – Tomorrow, who's doing it?
  • core

I’ve signed on to do it this afternoon against my better judgement, but it’s on my doorstep!

So who’s heading to Kington or already there?

welshfarmer

just had an invite but after 2 weeks off the bike am reluctant to commit.. Have fun

iain65
    Free Member

Myself, wife and two kids are doing it, just loaded bikes….!

core

Well I survived, the other 400 or so riders must not be singletrackers…….

I’d wager a bet the guy on the ss Krampus is though, was demoralising when he came by on a steep climb!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Yeah was there doing the long route.
    Interesting suicidal sheep and wild horses running into a group of riders.
    Also another big accident on the road,hope there ok!
    Great day out in the hills,some tough climbs!
    Thanx,
    Max

iain65
    Free Member

The guy crashed on the road did not look good when I passed by, hope he’s ok?

Managed to get my whole family round today, my 12 yr old rode with my wife and finished the course which I’m really quite proud off! I rode with my 15 yr old with the intent to get him round the long course but mud and headwind meant we took the shorter route unfortunately.

Hope others had a good day and the guy that crashed is ok.

onigas
    Free Member

Thought it was a great event as always with some tough climbs and a great atmosphere. Hope they continue to run the event as it is so good.

psling
    Free Member

Just got home after the event. Another excellent but tough route; same as last year but totally different feel being later in the year with the bracken and heather. I know it’s not a technical ride but the climbing certainly makes it a hard one for us mere mortals, especially with the headwinds yesterday.
    iain65, chatted with your wife and lad along the way, he was doing well but finding the climbs a bit demoralising I think!! He was making excellent progress though (and eating well!).

core

The climbs on the 2nd half of the long route were just unrelenting weren’t they, really struggled to be honest.

Really enjoyed the more technical sections (though a few more would have been nice), particularly in the first half, and was happy to be passing quite a few when the going got rough, if only to get passed again straight after when we hit a hill 😳

iain65
    Free Member

psling – thanks for stopping and chatting with them, they had a great time and really enjoyed it, in fact they were on a complete high when they got in after the last descent. Are you the chap from FoD?

Every one they met was great with lots of encouragement for Fraser, that helped him hugely to make it round. It’s the first time he’s ridden an event like that without being pushed along by me, I was quite worried about leaving them but my eldest lad wanted to have a go at the long route this time. I needn’t have worried as they always felt they had support if they ever needed it 🙂 thanks to all.

psling
    Free Member

Yes iain, I’m from FoD, riding with a mate from Ross-on-Wye 🙂

iain65
    Free Member

psling – it’s a small world out there! Thanks again and hope to bump into you sometime. Iain.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte Rough Ride 2014 – Tomorrow, who's doing it?’ is closed to new replies.