Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Whyte PRST-1 – weight?
  • singletracksurfer

anyone know what the frame (& fork) weighs?

Thanks.

clubber
    Free Member

About this <—–> much.

(My mate’s was middling – similar weight to my Scott G-Zero)

singletracksurfer

that looks more like a distance 😉

I know the super duper one was around 25lbs all in, but want to know just the frame (& fork) weight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Why, out of interest? – they really weren’t great bikes IMO…

joao3v16
    Free Member

Oops

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

IIRC, it was about 10 lbs for the frame, fork, headset and shocks – which was reasonably competitive with other combo’s with the same travel at the time.

Joshtp
    Free Member

“Why, out of interest? – they really weren’t great bikes IMO…”

I’m sorry, but no. They were. For the time NOTHING matched them for handling and trail bike capability… very few 4 inch bike even now are as technically capable for that kind of weight…

Kato

I agree, most of the people that said they were sh1te had never ridden one. My PRST-4 was a brilliant XC bike

singletracksurfer

Thanks.

I remember riding one when they first came out and I quite liked it.
    Felt a bit self conscious, but it rode pretty well from what I remember.

Just wondering really as it may be a possibility of getting one – for fun, nothing too serious.

reesie72
    Free Member

i had one when they came out and recently got one again on ebay . its lovely and exactly how i remember it from new. weight is respectable considering its travel .

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ve wanted one of these for ages, rode one once, so impressed at them. Great bikes.

grtdkad

There was a nice one out and about at Mayhem at the weekend.

jonnyrobertson

Still got my PRST-4, getting old and creaky, would love to send it somewhere for some real good tlc, ghet it back to ‘new’ as it’s still a belting mile muncher.

Raindog
    Free Member

I had one ten years ago, then I rode a bike with proper forks. Couldn’t sell the PRST-1 fast enough.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had a PRST-1 and followed by a PRST-4, I made the mistake of fitting flat bars to the PRST-1 and didn’t realise till later why I kept getting throw over the bars. I went to a Whyte demo before I got the PRST-4 and rode Jon Whyte’s own test bike, I learnt a lot on how to set up a PRST-4 from that. It’s still one of the few bikes I regret getting rid of.

racefaceec90

you mean one of these i remember seeing someone riding one of those,whilst out on a ride with some of the stw forum a couple of years ago.was intrigued by the fork to say the least (reminds me of a bimota tesi motorcycle/yamaha gts? hub centred steering motorcycle.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Whyte PRST-1 – weight?’ is closed to new replies.