Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whyte G160.
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Anybody have one?

Looking at a 2016 works and it seems to tick all the boxes. It will be my ‘do it all’ bike so it has to be good at everything.

Thanks.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Anyone?

Seems a decent spec for the money, struggling to find anyone who owns/owned one. Had a look at one today and I’m really tempted.

soundninjauk

I’ve had a G150 as my do it all bike for coming up to a couple of years, and so far it has done everything from Swinley Forest blasts to all day adventures in the Dales. The only downside for me is that I’m quite tall so on the upper end of the large framesize. Fantastic fun to ride as well, which helps. It’s certainly supremely capable.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Also got a G150 and love it, all I can describe as is “urgent”. It just seems to want to “GO” all the time.

I know someone who does have a g160 and is selling it purely because she is struggling with the 1×11 set up.

wiggles
    Free Member

If you are after a (new) 2016 works in medium then let me know

soundninjauk

Also got a G150 and love it, all I can describe as is “urgent”. It just seems to want to “GO” all the time.

Heh. I would describe is as ‘massively untroubled by anything’. Which means that I tend to add more pace to my riding whether I mean to or not!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Wiggles, I could well be interested dependant on what you can offer?

wiggles
    Free Member

Send me an email 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

selling it purely because she is struggling with the 1×11 set up.

How so? Gear ratios not low enough? Just add a 28t or 30t. Can’t really think of anything else that could be the issue. 1×11 is far easier than 2x or 3x to operate.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

The only differences I can see between the 16 and the 17 is that the 17 has a 2mm lower bb height and comes with 12 speed.

As someone who tends to go through cassettes and chains I quite like the idea of sticking with 11 speed.

brickwizard
    Free Member

what kind of deals are out there for 2016 G160 works??

travisallen
    Free Member

Wiggles, )or anyone else who may have something to offer)
    Do you still have a g160 available?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes were doing the Works 16 for £3400 from memory (in limited sizes). I ended up with something else.

tom.nash

I would also consider the T130 – an epic do it all trail bike but maybe not enough if you’re going to do ‘enduro’.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whyte G160.’ is closed to new replies.