Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 348 total)
  • Whyte G150 or Orange 5?
  • hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

@leftyboy. Where did you say there were going to be some T-130 works please as I really want one

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

If someone was to give you 3k what bike would you buy? I want a full sus but struggling to choose one, I have kinda landed on the Whyte T-130 Works but have been considering the orange fives too, any advice would be great,

PrinceJohn

So I’ve taken it out on it’s first ride, first impressions, it’s quick. It pedals really, really well & it descends better than I do (I noticed this when approaching the first corner & tried to slow down remembering I hadn’t quite bedded in the brakes yet…)

Oh yeah & most importantly – it looks fantastic.

If I was choosing between this & an Orange, I would pick this as I personally prefer the feel of the rear suspension over that of the orange – when I’ve ridden Oranges it feels like 2 halves of a bike… this feels like a whole, if that makes sense?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Bottle cage is being sorted.

The rear end feels like a Pike in shock form, so a big improvement and the feel is very balanced.

Flex is most definitely sorted. 46% stiffer was the number placed on it, and it’s nearly best in class in terms of stiffness. You can carve corners knowing exactly what the rear end is doing better now.

leftyboy
    Free Member

@hammer my LBS which is Handsford in Winchester

leftyboy
    Free Member
    hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

@leftyboy, could ya possibly give me the name or their address please fella

Teetosugars
    Free Member

hammeroftheeast – Member

@leftyboy
    , could ya possibly give me the name or their address please fella

Click the Link- it takes you straight to their website.. 😉

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

that’s a shame, they don’t have it, looking at a couple of weeks the chap said, so that will be 25 sept same as I am hearing everywhere 🙁

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

I am sooooo impatient I want my bike NOW, does anyone know of any 2014 bikes that are as good as the Whyte T-130 Works? or do you think I should be patient and wait, I WANNA GET OUT ON THE DIRT!!!!! if there is another bike out there with very similar spec for around £3000 please tell me as I would be all over it like a tramp on a chip, I am going to look at the T-129s and the orange pro tonight OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE T-130 WORKS HEEEELLLLPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol

skindog
    Free Member

Are the MK2 chainstays compatible for the MK1? i.e can us eager beavers with a MK1 upgrade the rear end for increased stiffness?

is the rear end only stiff in the 1x model or can it operate 2x too?

It’s not that I have many concerns about the stiffness of the MK1, it’s just that, well, shiney shiney new.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@skindog

They’re not. The pivot on the front triangle of the 2015 frame is wider, so the 2014 would be too narrow at the Main BB pivot for the new chainstay.

Both G150 models for 2015 are SCR, so neither will allow a front mech to be fitted, if that’s what you’re asking.

I know what you mean about shiney shiney new. haha

leftyboy
    Free Member

@hammer mine was part of a pre-release order and should be in the shop waiting for my return from my holiday in France.

agh100
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium and large G-150s on pre-order, still not sure on the sizing. Will only have a carpark ride to try out the sizing.
    What size is the one above and how tall are you? How do you find the fit?

Looks great btw!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@agh100

That’s a large and I’m 6ft 2″ and finding it really good.

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

I’m told that the 2015 Whyte’s are coming up pretty big

agh100
    Free Member

looking at the geometry the top tube is slightly shorter on the 2015 model than the 2014, that said it’s still long.
    I’m 6ft so will see how both bike feels. Think I may end up with a medium..

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

how much is the G150s AGH100?

leftyboy
    Free Member

@hammer G-150S is £2799 G-150 Works is £3999

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

think I will have to draw the line at £3000 my wife would kill me if I went to £4000 I was only going to spend £1500 in the beginning hahahaha

leftyboy
    Free Member

Got back from France, rang LBS who are still waiting for the first Works models to arrive! Was 🙂 when I thought my T-130 Works was going to be here today now a bit 🙁 I know it’s a bit of a first world problem!

wiggles
    Free Member

Atb still say end of September been told the delay is because of the SRAM wheels not being available apparently.

leftyboy
    Free Member

@wiggles 🙁 my LBS are still saying any day now as they are, apparently, getting the first batch. If the wheels are not available I’m guessing that’s not going to be the case! Seems poor that a supplier stops a product shipping but it’s not unusually for the bike industry.

wiggles
    Free Member

As far as I know September was the original release date for most of them anyway so only been delayed a few weeks.

lecky94
    Free Member

Picked up a T130s today, first ride out…bloody hell it rails corners like a dh bike. Looking forward to getting it dialled in properly.sweeeet

dpfr

It’s pretty much irrelevant to this thread but I have had a Whyte 29 CS for two days now, and it climbs like a rocketship. Loving it……

leftyboy
    Free Member

@lecky94 and @dpfr good to hear they ride well – really hoping my Works model arrives soon 🙂

PrinceJohn

Picked up a T130s today, first ride out…bloody hell it rails corners like a dh bike. Looking forward to getting it dialled in properly.sweeeet

It’s a hell of a bike… been out on2 rides on mine so far – looking forward to more playtime this weekend.

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

I have placed my order for the T-130 Works, 25th sept CANNOT come quick enough, hope I have chosen the right bike

leftyboy
    Free Member

@hammer I’m hoping mine comes sooner than the 25th Sept!

brickwizard
    Free Member

Any T130 demos going around??

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

@leftyboy I have searched everywhere and am being told the same thing from everyone, I am THE MOST impatient customer on earth and as such have exhausted every avenue trying to get a bike earlier but if its the T-130 Works ya after it would seem ya have to wait till end of Sept

hammeroftheeast
    Free Member

although its strange that ya can get a 2015 T-130S now as I have been to a shop and seen one in the flesh but not the works

mboy
    Free Member

although its strange that ya can get a 2015 T-130S now as I have been to a shop and seen one in the flesh but not the works

Even longer wait for the SX “entry” level model! It’s due to parts supply issues. Anyway…

Got a T-130SCR Works on order as a demo bike for the shop. Can’t wait for it to arrive and get some miles in on it! Anyone in the midlands area that wants to demo a medium sized T-130 when it arrives, please feel free to get in touch…

dvowles82
    Free Member

Any more ride updates? How does it come up for size?

richwales

Can anyone give an idea / links as to how the quad link works. How do they compare to dw links/fsr? Are they single pivots? I cant find any blurb on the website. Shame that orange T130 doesnt come with pikes

wiggles
    Free Member

Supplier won’t have the bikes until 25th of September (at their current estimate) so no shop will have them until at least a few days after then, so no point ringing loads of shops as all rhthe bikes come from the same place.

T130s is available now as it has different parts.

mboy
    Free Member

Can anyone give an idea / links as to how the quad link works. How do they compare to dw links/fsr? Are they single pivots?

It’s a conventional 4 bar linkage, no phantom trickery or anything. Would’ve thought it pretty obvious looking at it myself…

Shame that orange T130 doesnt come with pikes

But that’s why it costs what it does. Put Pikes on it and you’d have to increase the RRP by at least £200. It wouldn’t make sense as they also have the higher specced Works model with Pikes.

PrinceJohn

Can anyone give an idea / links as to how the quad link works. How do they compare to dw links/fsr?

Mine feels like it has a lot less pedal feedback than the FSR on the camber – even on road sections I don’t feel the need to lock out or put on pro-pedal, not sure if this is down to the system or a better shock tune?

It also feels like it has more travel than the 130mm available, not sure if this is down to me coming to 650b & a tubeless set up after riding a tubed 26″ bike for the last 25 years!

leftyboy
    Free Member

@wiggles My LBS have now said as much! I’m having my dodgy knee cartilage sorted on 1st Sept so hopefully the Works will arrive just as I need motivation to ride with a sore knee 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 348 total)

The topic ‘Whyte G150 or Orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.