Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Whyte FS 29er 100mm M109
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Clearance has been cited by a few as limited. A 2.25 will clear. RM knew this and their remit was the width is fit for purpose

I like big 2.4’s on the back of my HT/rigid, but on a FS there’s really no need

mos

Sub 25″ tt on the Large. I thought 29er were for big guys?
    Too small.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Too small.

Large is usualy closer to 24″ isnt it on most bikes?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m nearly 6’3″ and the large fits like a glove with a 90 stem (& wide bars)

KevinPP
    Free Member

Anyone else that’s had a demo think the M109 rides ‘heavy’ I tested one at the weekend and loved it going down,along and through the singletrack, but going up it seemed quite a lump. I’m coming from a 146 so weights should be about the same but the M109 definately seemed heavier and also tended to lift the front wheel more than the 146. Shame cos I was quite sold on getting one.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cheers Bonsetter 2.25 is fine. Ta.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I thought the Whyte had a decent snap feel to it when putting power in, didn’t feel heavy. Carbon wheels helped

mboy – how did your test ride go?

mboy
    Free Member

Too small.

They’re doing an XL size as well, it’s just not listed on their website or in their blurb yet. I’ve seen the demo in the flesh, it’s HUGE!

mboy – how did your test ride go?

Next Tuesday evening mate… Whyte rep is bringing a fleet down, and myself and a few of our key customers and a couple of my mates are off out over the Malverns for a couple of hours in the evening. Will let you all know how it goes!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Gotcha – thought you meant yesterday eve…

Are you B-O-Track?

seabass
    Free Member

Sat on a t129 earlier, pretty impressed. 5″ 29er is a big bike to me, thought it would feel heavy and sluggish but suprisingly sprightly.
    Like the idea of the 109 and have a demo booked in a couple of weekends time. Anyone else demoed once recently, comments?
    6ft 2″ so between l and xl. Anyone on an xl?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am 6’2″ and have a large T129S which is absolutely spot on, and this is despite having a long back for my hight. I don’t think you will be needing an XL.

The T129 rides wonderfully, I uprated the wheels to something a bit more grrrr and stuck a Chunky Monkey on the front/Smorgasboard on the rear (I suspect a 2.3″ is about as big as will fit out the back) to cope with the rocks around the Lakes better than the stock tyres (although will have a go with them in the summer, perhaps uprating the front to a 2.4 Ardent).

It is fast too – just looked at my GPS log from today’s ride… top speed… 55.1mph! I didn’t think I was going anywhere close to that fast at any stage either! Feels like you are riding at a normal kind of pace whilst covering ground with alarming rapidity!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Whyte FS 29er 100mm M109’ is closed to new replies.