Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Whyte FS 29er 100mm M109
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Due out November. Super short CS length, efficient looking multi-link rear, and very slack front…

.whytebikes.com/2013/prod

fandango
    Free Member

Was looking at this (via a PC) at my LBS. Spec looks ok and lifelong bearings! 69 degree front end appeals but I’m not convinced by the name or looks!! Merida’s new big ninety nine also looks a nice bit of kit.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Horst Link and ‘ladies bike’ colourscheme though.

somouk
    Free Member

The spec doesn’t look too clever for the money. You could get a better spec’d camber for the same money from Evans.

The bike does look nice though and I’d be tempted by a test ride!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Those comments taken, the frame’s geo is like no other.

No 29er FS has CS’s that short, and with a HTA so slack…

Clink

No framesets though, only completes. 🙁

Northwind

Bumped into a chap on one of these at Glentress a while back- think it was the Whyte demo? He said it was fantastic, quote made the camber 29er feel slow.

mboy
    Free Member

The new Whyte 29er range looks bloody fantastic!

Sold a guy a 529 the other day, for £800 it’s an amazing bike. I really want a go on a 929 and am hoping we’ll get one in for demo soon, but the new 4 bar 29er’s look set to be spot on the money too.

Well happy the boss decided to start stocking Whyte for the 2013 range anyway, looks like they’ve really upped their game!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Good reports then 🙂

The M109 isn’t out for a while yet though (Nov?)

It’s the only FS 29er that interests me

mboy
    Free Member

Are we your nearest Whyte dealer (Worcester)? I’m keen to get a couple of the full susser’s in ASAP will push the boss to get some in if possible.

somouk
    Free Member

You may be my nearest dealer… I’d be tempted by a ride on one of the full sus 29ers as well.

andypaul99
    Free Member

I like it, its being pitched for the right use too I like the idea of having a short travel race machine with a slacker head angle – priced right too spec wise about the same as the anthem x1 with similar specs

bonesetter
    Free Member

My nearest dealer is Two Wheels, Stourbridge, but Worcester is easy for me to get to 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

You may be my nearest dealer… I’d be tempted by a ride on one of the full sus 29ers as well.

I’ll mention it to the boss. We’ve got a couple of the Whyte 29er HT’s in already though, albeit lower spec ones at the mo.

GaryLake
    Free Member

The spec doesn’t look too clever for the money. You could get a better spec’d camber for the same money from Evans.
    The bike does look nice though and I’d be tempted by a test ride!

Which model? You do know the pricier one includes a carbon wheelset?

somouk
    Free Member

Which model?

Yeah, the pricier one looks like a good build but the cheaper model seemed to skimp on running gear.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Is there any way to get a frame only?

Clink

Is there any way to get a frame only?

I don’t think so. I have e-mailed several times about frame only, but bikes only for 2013 I think. What about this instead?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Ah, the Trance X. I liked the Trance 26″ I owned. My ‘first proper MTB’ Maestro suspension worked very well… however the CS’s on the Giant are ~1″ longer than the Whyte’s

Clink

however the CS’s on the Giant are ~1″ longer than the Whyte’s

Yes – but if you can’t get a Whyte…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Nah Matt, it’s either the Whyte, UK built and designed, with its sub 17″ CS’s, slack front… or nothing 🙂

nacho
    Free Member

my mate who works in the LBS (and was a bit 29erist) rode the T129 at a Whyte demo day and said it was brilliant. I would like to test one when the opportunity arrives

bonesetter
    Free Member

Will have to keep an eye out for a Whyte demo day, thanks

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Another vote for doing frameset option. Numbers look bob on.

bonesetter
    Free Member

What are the options for trying to get hold of just a frame?

Clink

What are the options for trying to get hold of just a frame?

I was told no by distibuter and tried a couople of shops with e-mails, but they would have to strip a complete bike.

bonesetter
    Free Member

So, a LBS might do it for you

Clink

So, a LBS [/i]might do it for you

🙂

Have a go – contact a couple and see what response you get! Keep me informed…

bonesetter
    Free Member

If the test ride was OK, and at those figures I don’t see why not, I would go for one, IF it was frame only

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Keep us posted.

rOcKeTdOg

these guys are in the centre of Brum and do whyte http://www.bicicielo.com/

Stiggy

I rode the T129 at the launch and was very impressed, also with Ian Alexander’s design ideas, so much that I bought a 729 hardtail that I rode today at FOD and loved every minute, even Sheepskull. I don’t work for ATB either! 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

Good feedback, thanks guys 🙂

RTD – I’ll fire them a mail, thanks

Stiggy – just what I want to hear – I’m impressed with Whyte’s whole thing

martinh
    Free Member

Devinci Atlas with an angleset to give it the slack head angle. Freeborn even have the 2012 frame in the sale http://www.freeborn.co.uk/devinci-2012-atlas-frameset-29er

mboy
    Free Member

For anyone in the Midlands interested in Demo-ing a Whyte…

http://www.facebook.com/events/108834819278211/

Demo evening at Green Bike Company in Worcester on Tuesday 6th November.

dickie
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

Had a quick sit on both the M109S and T129S demo bikes today, and will be riding them on Tuesday night!

Bonesetter, if you want a demo, get in touch mate…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hey mboy, thanks for the offer. I demo’d the M109 S (size L)… here’s a little blurb write-up I posted on mtbr…

Thought it to be a little dull (being hard on it), and ended up buying a Rocky Mountain Element 970 – much more of a personality… and much more fun, not to mention super efficient peddler. The Whyte’s HA is very slack (69.5° as compared to RM’s 70.6° which is where much of the liveliness comes from I think. I was a fan of slack

Just my view of course, let us know what you think

You demo’ing both the M & T?

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah gonna get a go on both hopefully, and a 29C. I have the Whyte rep down on Tuesday night visiting us, with a fleet of bikes, so hopefully be able to give a bit of a view on each of them.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cheers for that Bonesetter. Hows the tyre clearance on the RM?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Whyte FS 29er 100mm M109’ is closed to new replies.