Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Whyte Endura King and Queen of the Hill
  • myopic
    Free Member

Who’s all going? Any news on which trails might be used? Got some time off this afternoon and sun is shining, so heading down to Tweed Valley to practice not falling off as much as usual before next weekend. 8)

kimbers

Yo !

Making the drive up from MK on Friday, got the whole family in tire for a week in Peebles and the in laws there for race weekend

The last QECP Enduro showed me how ridiculously unfit id become, since our twins came along so I’ve been trying to squeeze in since evening/night rides

Still out of shape tho so it’s gonna be about just making it round for me !

Weather is b liking much better than when I was last up for Vallelujah

myopic
    Free Member

Kimbers: Weather is b liking much better than when I was last up for Vallelujah

That wouldn’t be hard!

thegman67

I will be their

tom.nash

I do not know what trails are in BUT, from having an educated guess at this document….

– Repeat Offender
    – Bonar or Waterworld
    – The Classic
    – Mince Baby Mince
    – Some DH track mix

However, they will be out marking all week so please don’t run the volunteers over! I expect the riders pack might come out soon, please don’t ride any trails they say are closed for marking! Gutted I am not racing this one 🙁

doubledunter
    Free Member

I heard rumours yesterday much along the lines as Tom above has said, I went down Boner yesterday and it was horrendous, like a skating rink, although Ive heard Boner is in Ive a feeling it could be a red herring and waterworld will be used, at least theres some grip there wet or dry (as far as I can remember, not been down since EWS)

Northwind

There’s a new start to the classic cutting out the old swamp-of-pedalling so that seems like a clue (it’s not the same when it starts at the red)

doubledunter
    Free Member

Im trying to figure where the classic is again although Im sure Ive been down it, is it the trail that was in EWS,down red Plora Craig then off down the black onto some off piste?….forget that, just checked 🙂

Tracey

We are going up for the weekend. Hope the weather holds out

Northwind

doubledunter – Member

Im trying to figure where the classic is again although Im sure Ive been down it, is it the trail that was in EWS,down red Plora Craig then off down the black onto some off piste?….forget that, just checked

Yah, that’s basically the bottom half- there’s a really nice trail immediately above with woodsy swoops and rocks and that, but above that, was a character forming pedal/ruts/mud section from right up at the top of the dh (the muddy streak that goes out on the left) It’s pretty overgrown now, I don’t think many folks apart from me are daft enough to ride it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

eye’ll bee they’re to.

jimob
    Free Member

I’ll be there. First time back in Scotland since Vallelujah in march. If it rains I’m going to struggle in the golfie. The trails there are a different beast than the one’s in Glentress and Cademuir. I so hope it stays dry

Prophet2
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

I’ve heard it’s the IXS track on the inners side. That’ll be fun if it rains

albignasegorsc
    Free Member

I am unable to compete in this event so if you know anyone who might be interested in taking my place please let me know. Thanks.

myopic
    Free Member

Was down at the Golfie tonight, but hadn’t ridden any of the suspected suggestions. Really dry in places, squelchy in others but expect weather this week will dry things out further. Showery Rain forecast for weekend at the moment, though that could change. Still expect it to be drier than the International was though! (Crosses fingers)

kimbers

Hmmmm weather looks good for this week, but heavy rain for Saturday

Full on maxis shorty up front time?

I’d just like a race in Scotland where it w was actually dry for once!

I think France for me next year, tho last time I did that was the Mega mud bath edition

Northwind

Could be interesting with this forecast, give it a week to dry it out then a day to drown it 😆 Inners grip is different to normal grip, it’d maybe have got dry enough to go crumbly and horrific as it sometimes does. But this’ll be too far on the other side, could be slick, could be sticky, who knows?

I’m not racing but, shorty and dhr2 imo. Might be overkill but it’ll work if it’s drier anyway.

kimbers – Member

I’d just like a race in Scotland where it w was actually dry for once!

First ever King and Queen was horrendously hot. And if I ever get skin cancer I’ll say “ah, that’s from the first SES at Laggan. Totes worth it”

mc
    Free Member

The devil in me is hoping it’s wet. I rode a couple of the rumoured stages on sunday, and they were greasy. A few sections where it was a choice between maintaining speed with little control, or retaining control and speeding up 😀

Shame I can’t race it

BoardinBob

1400m of climbing is a big day out (x2), and they usually understate the actual final climbing. My rear shock packed in last weekend so I’m out unfortunately but I’ll be down on Sunday shooting pictures.

Northwind

If it’s wet enough, the natural trails will cut their way down to bedrock (that’s an actual comment from an optimist at an innerleithen race, immediately before Lone Wolf turned into a rut 40 feet deep and 2.35 inches wide)

BoardinBob

Possibly my most miserable day on a bike!

legend
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

I’ve heard it’s the IXS track on the inners side. That’ll be fun if it rains

The IXS is great fun dry or wet, that’ll be the last thing you have to worry about 8)

Tracey

It cant be any wetter than the Easter one. Can it 😀

myopic
    Free Member

Well, yes, it can Tracey, but hopefully not as cold!

Tracey – Member 
    It cant be any wetter than the Easter one. Can it

Tracey

We keep telling Abigale its character building

myopic
    Free Member

In that case my character should be huuuuge!

(it isn’t 🙁 )

kimbers

at least at Vallelujah it was cold enough to ride in your watewrproof all day im a sweaty bloke so its going to be unpleasant this weekend!

now where did i put that extra mudguard?

jimmy

Shorty’s all the way for me, been well impressed with them in any conditions. They just make the bike do what you tell it to (within my abilities :-/ )

Heading down tonight for a wee practise. Would be a shame if it pees down on Saturday – joking aside, it just seems to be the way for Tweed endures.

Northwind

kimbers – Member

at least at Vallelujah it was cold enough to ride in your watewrproof all day im a sweaty bloke so its going to be unpleasant this weekend!

There are creatures out there that are perfectly evolved to thrive in these situations, we should learn from the animal kingdom. Bunny rabbit suit, is what I’m saying.

tom.nash

Shorty / DHR2 is my stock combo on the ‘off piste’ living here; if its a real mess then Shorty / Shorty 😛

br
    Free Member

We’ll be at Inners tonight, Shorty/Minion SS is the new best combo 🙂

dmorts

Shorty ordered for the front…. hopefully it won’t drag too much on the transition stages

dmorts

The Course Map is out

STAGE 1: Mince Baby Mince: 1.2km/-170m
    STAGE 2: Inners Face Mash Up: 1.4km/-314m
    STAGE 3: Repeat Offender: 1.1km/-272m
    STAGE 4: Jawbone/Walk or Burn: 1.5km/-258m
    STAGE 5: The Classic (Demi-Plora version) 1.3km/-212m

myopic
    Free Member

Course Maps are out!

1: Mince Baby Mince – never ridden that, sounds challenging. how does it compare to Pre and post spacker?

2: Inners Face mashup: – looks like it will use bits of the downhill trails

3: Repeat Offender – same as EWS 2015, I think?

4: Jawbone/Walk or Burn – was going to be Boner but re-aligned on basis of weather forecasts, so now the same as the International Stage in May of this year.

5: The Classic (Demi Plora Version) – so large bits of what was used in EWS 2015, but with the new top bit that Northwind referred to earlier?

dmorts

Thoughts on tyres? I have a Maxxis Shorty for the front (which looks like it will do the biz) but couldn’t decide on the rear so sticking with something in my existing stock. I’ve got a choice of:

On One Chunky Monkey (Dual 50/42a)
    On One Smorgasbord (Dual 60/42a)
    Kenda Nevegal (sticky compound)
    Continental Mountain King 2.2 ( 🙂 I jest, useless tyres!)

I’ve put the Chunky Monkey on as I think it will clear mud better than the Nevegal. However, shops are open so might be able to get something else today. Thoughts?

br
    Free Member

Mince Baby Mince – never ridden that, sounds challenging. how does it compare to Pre and post spacker?

Nowhere near as bad/steep/harsh, tight though.

The Inners Mash Up should be steep, as it’s the steepest face of Inners.

The Classic (Demi Plora Version) – so large bits of what was used in EWS 2015, but with the new top bit that Northwind referred to earlier?

Doesn’t look like it, seems to start where the black turns off Plora.

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks, b r. How would you say that Mince Baby Mince compares to the Golfie trails – eg Community Service?

jimmy

Is MBM similar to Alistair Lees?

BoardinBob

Absolutely brilliant track. As you said, not steep but tough to keep momentum up. So nadgery. Great fun. Wee preview of the bottom section

https://vimeo.com/160207386

[video]http://vimeo.com/160207386[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Whyte Endura King and Queen of the Hill’ is closed to new replies.