Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whyte E120 Rear End Setup
  • etsxteam
    Free Member

Having a bit of trouble getting the most out of the rear suspension any ideas ? I have shock set at 14mm sag and 4 clicks from slowest rebound setting I am about 12 stone with gear on but it just feels a bit soft at times, noticed in the manual they recommend the slowest rebound setting possible any suggestions ?

judderman
    Free Member

1 run 3 from slowest & with kit i weigh 13stone. also it depends on the side of the shock there is 'rebound tune' which is three factory settings i dont know exactly how it is meant to work but it is written on the side of the shock and mine is set at the middle position. perhaps someone else on here can explain?

robhughes
    Free Member

which shock is it.

Whyte1
    Free Member

is that with the pro-pedal off or on in either setting 1 , 2 or 3 – seated or standing

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi, Firstly i'd let the air out of the shock to check it's not stuck down, air seal fault causing the air spring to work backwards. If it is the shock will compress fully with any weight on the rear end.

if not:

Set the sag to 1/3 of total travel, this is the distance from the end of the air seal in the air can to the end of the plain shaft/body tube.
    Do this sitting down, don't bounce with the Propedal off.
    Try the rebound at 3 clicks off full slow, shouldn't sit down in travel and shouldn't bounce you out the saddle when riding over bumps.
    Hope this helps, remember that on really big hits/bumps you should be getting full or near to full travel. However if your regularly bottoming out on a ride the shocks too soft, try increasing in 10psi increments.
    See how it goes tomorrow, post again if still not sorted with issues and I'll see if we can work it out.

etsxteam
    Free Member

Hi – thanks for your help had a good ride at the weekend with new setup went for the 14mm sag with pro pedal off and two clicks from slowest rebound going to try 3 clicks this weekend

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whyte E120 Rear End Setup’ is closed to new replies.