Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Whyte colours
  • porlus
    Free Member

So my search for a new bike drawing to and end. Got the list down to two bikes now. One of them is the Whyte t130 sx. Looks great in the blue colour. Prefer it to the orange of the s model. Then I notice that the 2016 model is due out. Bit cheaper and I think better specced slightly. But and its a big one………..its Pink. Think that’s the 2016 one off the list then.

ticsmon

Still doing the orange in 2016. The pink is instead of the blue I think. I’ll try and find link

porlus
    Free Member

The orange is the higher s model. Just been chatting to someone from cycleworks in York. The t130 sx is due in 2 weeks and apparently the pink looks great.

ticsmon

Looks like the orange is the top speck now

porlus
    Free Member

Think the works one is black. Both the s and works are now 1x gearing. Only the lower s model is 2x

didgerman
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s any major changes to the G-150 for 2016?
    Get the pink frame, anyone who sees you won’t care anyway.

porlus
    Free Member

Probably could have lived with the pink. But then noticed the forks have pink graphics. Bit too much for me that lol. List down to one bike now. Phew lol.

dpfr

Didgerman- I think the G-150 is now the G-160. A bit of info here

There’s also a photo of a very pink bike

porlus
    Free Member

Was just about to post that link lol. Yup the G160 is the new one.

didgerman
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. Enough difference from my G-150 to make me squirm a bit, not enough to upgrade though… G-150 is still stupidly good, if anyone sees one in a sale, grab it.

porlus
    Free Member

You know you want one haha

chris74c
    Free Member

Is the geometry the same on the 2016 models?
    Looks like the equivalent spec of last year’s t130 works is now t130 rs in charcol lime/magenta, I’m wondering if the works will be carbon this year??? In a couple of the photos I’ve seen the frame on an Orange one I saw looked very smooth like carbon.
    I’m loving the look of the lime and magenta.

porlus
    Free Member

Its a tiny bit longer this year. Same angles I think.
    Weirdly the pink, I mean magenta is starting to appeal to me. Really like the overall spec. The only thing im not sure on are the brakes. They’ve gone for TRP Slate 4 cylinders.

chris74c
    Free Member

Looking at the prices, the t130 rs is less than last year’s works. Maybe there are a few component differences like the brakes as you said. All look nice though.

dvowles82
    Free Member

I think the RS is slightly cheaper than the 2015 Works, because of the wheelset primarily (Roam 30, rather than Roam 40), along with the drive train (raceface as opposed to Sram X1). I could be wrong though.

They look slightly different in terms of geometry, but I’m not sure the angles have actually been released have they?

The G150 (G160) and 900 hardtails are around 20-25mm longer in the toptube to their respective 2015 models, so a fair jump. Whether that translates to the T130 is unknown and whether the head angles have changed on the T130 and G160 I am not sure.

That pictured orange T130 with the Fox forks is the Carbon version I think, due out in January 2016. Dread to think how much that will set you back! £4500 at least I’d have thought.

Just sold my T130 works 2015 on ebay – I am really going to miss it!

stevedoc
    Free Member

The pink is stunningly good looking, a little darker than Oranges pink that’s discontinued now, I do think 160 is a little over kill though

porlus
    Free Member

That’s good to know about the pink. It’s 50/50 on one of these or the Norco alloy sight 7.0 from Evans. Rather give my cash to my lbs as they looked after me when I got my kinesis aithein.

scandal42
    Free Member

scandal42
    Free Member

Only one colour worthy of consideration 😉

porlus
    Free Member

piccy no work

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Whyte colours’ is closed to new replies.